Thread: ZRA seat - where is the velcro?

ZRA seat - where is the velcro?

Hi All

I ordered my new ZRA on Monday and can't wait for it to be ready. But I forgot to look on the demo chair at where the velcro is. I currently have an underseat pouch that I made on my sewing machine. It fixes onto my current chair using velcro onto the front of the seat canvas and more velcro wrapping round the crosstube.

My new ZRA will be 16" x 17" and will have the standard bolt on seat sling. Anyone know where the velcro will be and which type (soft or hooks)? I can see from pictures that the top of the sling has a 2" strip of velcro running front to back on each side. I assume that is soft rather than hooks? How far apart would those strips be on a 16" chair? Is there any velcro on the underside?

Also, is the crossbar a standard distance from the front of the seat? How far is it?

I'd like to be able to make my new seat bag before the chair comes so I'm all set to use it straight away, so any help would be much appreciated if possible.

Thanks

My ZRA sling seat has Velcro strips on each side front to back. The Velcro strips are hooks not loops. They are as far apart as they can be without interfering with the mounting screws, about 5/8" from the edge. That puts the edge of the Velcro about even with the inside of the frame tubes.

I don't know what is standard, but the front of my husbands crossbar on an 18" deep seat is 7.25" from the front of the seat. He also has a 1" custom frame length, so I don't know if that affects it either, but I suspect it does. If you have the CAD, you should be able to approximate it from the drawing.

Quote Originally Posted by Faethe View Post
    Also, is the crossbar a standard distance from the front of the seat? How far is it?
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

If it is a problem you can get some industrial strength stick on velcro at a place like Lowes. You can put it wherever you need it.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

I am aware that I can add additional velcro wherever I need it but I prefer to avoid the stick on stuff and would like to use whatever is already there if possible.

Is there no velcro at all on the underside? and the velcro on the top is definitely the hooks type rather than the soft? It's just that is unusual because most manufacturers use the soft type so it's not unnecessarily spikey if you don't use it.

I'm going to work on an estimate of the crossbar being about 7" from the front of the seat, going on the measurements above and CAD drawings from the CAD thread. The bag design won't matter if it's a half inch out so hopefully it won't be more than that. I don't have my own CAD because it wasn't a complex prescription really, and I didn't want to delay the order by getting a CAD that would then need to be signed off before they'd start to make it. I'm confident in all my measurements so hopefully I won't regret that decision but it's too late now anyway.

Thanks

P.S. If anyone who works at TiLite and posts on here is able to send me my CAD drawing purely for information then I'd very much appreciate it. You should have received my order from England last week and I can give whatever details you need to be able to identify me. I assume that you make CAD drawings for every chair, even if the customer doesn't officially ask for one?
    Last edited by Faethe; 04-05-2015 at 11:09 AM.

Hi Faethe. I have a "standard" ZRA 16"X16". The velcro indeed IS the hooks rather than the soft. It's 2" wide and begins 1" from the outer edge of the metal strip which attaches the sling to the chair. There is 13" between the inside edges of the velcro strips on my 16" chair. There is 5 5/8ths" from the cross bar to the front of the seat sling. There is NO velcro on the underside except for the piece which is there to fold over holding the seat sling tight. I have a modified cotton "purse" which hangs between my down tubes so I'm interested in helping where I can in assisting others to do similar things. Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Lynne; 04-06-2015 at 10:49 AM. Reason: added info

Thanks Lynne

I made the bag based on estimates yesterday, just got to add the velcro to the flap that will sit between the seat sling and the cushion to hold it in place. Sounds like I might have made it too long though. I'll add the velcro based on your measurements and if it's not right in the depth or the velcro then I'll adjust it or make a new one. It'll do until I make another after the chair has come.

Thanks for all the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Faethe View Post
    Hi All

I ordered my new ZRA on Monday and can't wait for it to be ready. But I forgot to look on the demo chair at where the velcro is. I currently have an underseat pouch that I made on my sewing machine. It fixes onto my current chair using velcro onto the front of the seat canvas and more velcro wrapping round the crosstube.

My new ZRA will be 16" x 17" and will have the standard bolt on seat sling. Anyone know where the velcro will be and which type (soft or hooks)? I can see from pictures that the top of the sling has a 2" strip of velcro running front to back on each side. I assume that is soft rather than hooks? How far apart would those strips be on a 16" chair? Is there any velcro on the underside?

I'd like to be able to make my new seat bag before the chair comes so I'm all set to use it straight away, so any help would be much appreciated if possible.

Thanks
    The distance from the bottom of the seat sling to the top of the cross tube is a standard 2.375" on ZRA and Aero Z chairs. If you can private message me your email address I can send you some photos of the seat sling. I've tried downloading them here but was unsuccessful.
    TiLite. The Ultimate Ride.