Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A reaching tool I bought

A reaching tool I bought

I found this reaching tool and it's been working out great. It has all sorts of notches and brackets to snag and lift things. I used it to help make the bed and it was great. Also picked up laundry bag, pulled a window closed and got some shoes off the floor. It is $9.95 on eBay with shipping. You have to get a painter's pole to attach it so there's that cost too. I got an aluminum extending pole that goes from 3-6 feet. I'm always looking for things to help me reach. Still haven't found the perfect grabber, working on that one but this little thing has been great.

I tried and tired to upload a picture but I can't figure it out with this newer version of the site. Darn.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Reacher-Grab...id%3D100102%26

Thanks Grommet. I think I will get one.

They have me when I read the words, "the only thing you have to lose is your ladder!" I suspect I will buy one for the household tomorrow. Thank you, Grommet.

I hope other people find it helpful. I have been using it to solve problems all over the house. I closed all the windows last night and moved the curtains. It comes with two rubber covers that slip on and help grip. If anyone has a suggestion for a really good grabber, I'd appreciate it. I've gone through lots but the one I am still using is from 20 years ago. It's the only one that didn't break (even though I ran it over with three different powerchairs).

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    So you just add your own pole ?

http://www.smartreacher.com/

Yes. My girlfriend got me three different painter's poles from a hardware store. I chose the aluminum one. It extends to six feet, down to three and whatever in between. The reacher screws right on top with the same threading as a paint roller. I weighed my pole and it's just under 3/4lb.

How did you get the pictures up? I tried uploading from my computer, liked I used to. This time it seemed to work but I got a funny symbol next to the file kind of saying there was a problem. Maybe I'll figure it out.

** just tried uploading jpeg again and I got an exclamation point next to the file, it was only 29kb, should be fine. Don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    hot linked the pictures from http://www.smartreacher.com/

How does hotlinking work? I went to the page and it wouldn't let me copy the pictures or give me the address where they were located. I can only see the web address in the location bar.
    Last edited by grommet; 04-01-2015 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grommet View Post
    I hope other people find it helpful. I have been using it to solve problems all over the house. I closed all the windows last night and moved the curtains. It comes with two rubber covers that slip on and help grip. If anyone has a suggestion for a really good grabber, I'd appreciate it. I've gone through lots but the one I am still using is from 20 years ago. It's the only one that didn't break (even though I ran it over with three different powerchairs).
    http://www.ettore.com/professionals/...-’n-grab These are very well made and work well.

Great Reacher...thanks for the tip

Quote Originally Posted by grommet View Post
    These are great...getting ready to order a spare 'just in case'.

This pole from Amazon is both light weight & cheap. http://www.amazon.com/3pc-Hardwood-E...ble+paint+pole
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 04-09-2015 at 12:21 PM. Reason: already posted