Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TiLite ZR2 - Round Betty

Quote Originally Posted by baldfatdad View Post
    Only thing missing is a couple pics of you in it.
    I agree. It would give us an idea of how well it fits you.

I'm enjoying my TR3. However, I now know the few changes I'll make to make it even more comfortable.
    -ResonantEcho - T6/T7 Complete - October 31st, 1986

Nice, ive seen on oracing that they weld that wheel lock bracket on their chairs, i think it should have been an option ages ago from tilite, it would make adjusting the brakes much more easier than that stupid bracket, also it would be better if there was an easier option of choosing the rigidzer bar but thats just me :P

Any pics of the fully assembled chair fitting in a mazda 5? My chair dimensions are smaller overall and am interested in seeing how it fits assembled (looking for a new vehicle right now).

I'll get some pictures of my mazda 5 up. I was going to ask OP how he likes it, and his past vehicles for wheelchairs. I am happy enough with it, turning and everything is phenomenal and parking it a breeze as there isn't a side ramp folding out.

Unfortunately it was rather loud (I soundproofed mine, sort of worth it) and rather bumpy. In the midwest with the freezing and thawing of roads it feels like driving down a washboard at times and gets to be overwhelming.

I went with the viegel classic right side hand controls and the wheelchair lift that some company makes for it (search mazda 5 wheelchair conversion on google and you'll find it).

The lack of a power door option REALLY upsets me. I believe that the UK may have had a power door option at some point so I am thinking of contacting a dealer over there to have them mail me some rails and wiring and rigging something up myself.

Wow Stephen. Just cruised the forum and there?s your beautiful brand new ZR2, tweaked to further perfection.

Nicely done!

Quote Originally Posted by nofuss View Post
    Wow Stephen. Just cruised the forum and there?s your beautiful brand new ZR2, tweaked to further perfection.

Nicely done!
    Thanks, nofuss!

Sweet chair, I just ordered my TR 3 series, So excited to get my chair same finish as yours but the blue anodized package and also Round Bettys!

I'm late to the discussion, but that's a pretty chair. I dig the mounts for the wheel locks.

Hi stephen, how much extra did they charge you for the custom options you mention here because I'm looking to order a zr with a custom taper and a couple more couple more custom options.

Thanks,
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by rob1 View Post
    Hi stephen, how much extra did they charge you for the custom options you mention here because I'm looking to order a zr with a custom taper and a couple more couple more custom options.

Thanks,
    Rob
    Hi Rob, At the time I ordered my frame there was no additional charge for the custom taper. That may or may not be the case today -- the only way to find out is to submit an order form and see what the quote returns. As for the welded wheel lock receivers, the most current MSRP from TiLite was $1075.12. We (Bike-On) would discount that by 30% or so.

If you're buying your next chair out of pocket -- and judging from recent threads on this forum it's rare to find an insurance carrier who will pay for a titanium frame wheelchair -- please consider me (Bike-On). You can email me at stephen@bike-on.com if you'd like to explore this further.