Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: TiLite ZR2 - Round Betty

TiLite ZR2 - Round Betty

I recently ordered a new TiLite ZR2 frame with some features never seen before on a TiLite. It's got an angled rigidizer bar, which gives me a higher grab point for pulling my chair, assembled, into the middle row of my Mazda 5. The angled rigidizer also helps when I get an assist from someone up one or more steps -- they don't have to bend over so low to grab hold of my chair. The welded lock mounts add an elegant, finished look to the chair, and probably shave off a gram or two compared to the regular lock clamps.

I'm still using my slick-looking Round Betty Dino wheels and added their just-released Force 5 casters, which have the most beautiful, rich anodized color I've seen and are drop lighter than the Frog Legs casters I was using.

The carbon fiber side guards and seat pan (not seen in the photos) were made for me by Bike-On's carbon fiber fabricator. Nice stuff!

The ADI carbon fiber back finishes it off.

I wanted an in-between seat taper between the 1.5" and 2.5" selectable on the order form. Hey TiLite, can you make me a frame with 2.0" seat taper instead? Of course, no problem!

This is my dream chair. Fits me like a glove. After 31 years, I finally got all the details worked out.

Thanks, TiLite! Thanks, Round Betty! Thanks, ADI!Name:  phptuBGFuPM.jpg
Views: 3105
Size:  421.2 KBName:  phpMNXRhPPM.jpg
Views: 5019
Size:  349.0 KBName:  phpfWmPEmPM.jpg
Views: 4072
Size:  380.2 KBName:  php9Ok1ddPM.jpg
Views: 3323
Size:  347.1 KBName:  php7Y1tzFPM.jpg
Views: 2088
Size:  359.3 KB
    Last edited by stephen212; 03-29-2015 at 01:12 AM.

Beauuuutiful!!!
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Absolutely awesome. I hope to get to this point before I die (i.e., get all the details worked out).
    -ResonantEcho - T6/T7 Complete - October 31st, 1986

BTW, can we get the full specs. CAD as well if available?
    -ResonantEcho - T6/T7 Complete - October 31st, 1986

Here's the CAD. Lots of notes.

The COG was changed to 4.25".

Name:  CAD - Q287321 revised-page-001.jpg
Views: 2070
Size:  277.8 KB

That's a wonderful looking chair Stephen. Are the wheel locks your idea and design? I like it. The seat pan is visible, but not the support system. What did you use? I don't see those cross members which I think work to defeat the idea cf.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    That's a wonderful looking chair Stephen. Are the wheel locks your idea and design? I like it. The seat pan is visible, but not the support system. What did you use? I don't see those cross members which I think work to defeat the idea cf.
    Thanks, nonoise. The wheel locks design was my idea but not my design: Oracing does this all the time, same with the angled rigidizer bar.

The carbon fiber seat pan and side guards are the same one that I had on my original ZR2.

Name:  Overhead.jpg
Views: 2234
Size:  209.3 KB

Only thing missing is a couple pics of you in it.

How do you carry stuff? I can usually get by with a messenger bag on my lap to carry my laptop, catheters, etc. However when I travel I hang a backpack off the back of my chair and from the looks of it that bar would get in the way. Is that the case, or do you just never need to hang a backpack off the back?

Beautiful chair -- nice and shiny. With the orange anodizing you would fit in well in Holland -- it's the national colour. I know you don't have a folding seat back, but I'd be curious if you think there would be enough clearance to fold it down with the rigidizer bar. On the next chair we would also like to raise it and have it at a similar angle for the same reasons. Interesting to see how much COG you have. I'm thinking of trying a 4" COG on a similar size chair -- not too backward tippy?
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).