Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Reggie Edgerton: Science in Motion and How the Brain and Spinal Cord Control

Thumbs up Dr. Reggie Edgerton: Science in Motion and How the Brain and Spinal Cord Control

This post is for those that love to hear about epidural stimulation and work taking place in the Edgerton Lab.

After the Working 2 Walk Symposium in Seattle, I told everyone I had arranged for an interview with Dr. Reggie Edgerton on People Behind the Science with Dr. Marie McNeely. She hasn't disappointed us! The interview with Dr. Edgerton of the Department of Integrative Biology and Physiology at the University of California, Los Angeles was completed, posted today by Dr. McNeely and put up on SCI Research Blog.

Dr. Reggie Edgerton LINK:

Thanks Grammy!

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    This post is for those that love to hear about epidural stimulation and work taking place in the Edgerton Lab.

After the Working 2 Walk Symposium in Seattle, I told everyone I had arranged for an interview with Dr. Reggie Edgerton on People Behind the Science with Dr. Marie McNeely. She hasn't disappointed us! The interview with Dr. Edgerton of the Department of Integrative Biology and Physiology at the University of California, Los Angeles was completed, posted today by Dr. McNeely and put up on SCI Research Blog.

Dr. Reggie Edgerton LINK:
    Thank you for the link. Reggie is definitely a cool cat. I liked his book recommendations and also enjoy live jazz. I was hoping for a few more questions about the work that is currently doing since it's topical.

Does anyone have any answers to these questions?

- Have the trials posted on the clinical trials.gov initiated?
    - Is Dr. Edgerton working with Dr. Harkema?
    - Is he associated with THE BIG IDEA?
    - Are other scientists using his breakthrough technology in different ways?
    - Is the company Neuroenabling Technologies funding the trials or has a new company emerged?

You can find more about Dr. Edgerton by typing in "Edgerton" and "NeuroRecovery Technology" at the SCI Research Blog HERE.

The trials have not initiated yet. I believe they are working on funding issues at this time.
    Working with Dr. Harkema? In what way? (They are separate laboratories).
    BIG IDEA is the name of the CDRF funding for 36 additional human test subjects going to the Harkema lab, not Edgerton lab.
    NeuroRecovery Technology is the name of the company working on development of both types of stimulators at the Edgerton lab.

Blog Entries
    It gets a little confusing with Harkema being part of the NeuroRecovery Network and Edgerton working on NeuroRecovery Technology.

Quote Originally Posted by nrf View Post
    It gets a little confusing with Harkema being part of the NeuroRecovery Network and Edgerton working on NeuroRecovery Technology.
    Indeed it does...the NeuroRecovery Network being a group of locations for SCI clinical trials and the NeuroRecovery Technology Company building stimulation devices. I did a double take when I saw that for the first time also.

These are indeed separate initiatives. Reggie is talking with several facilities about his trial.

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    You can find more about Dr. Edgerton by typing in "Edgerton" and "NeuroRecovery Technology" at the SCI Research Blog HERE.

The trials have not initiated yet. I believe they are working on funding issues at this time.
    Working with Dr. Harkema? In what way? (They are separate laboratories).
    BIG IDEA is the name of the CDRF funding for 36 additional human test subjects going to the Harkema lab, not Edgerton lab.
    NeuroRecovery Technology is the name of the company working on development of both types of stimulators at the Edgerton lab.

Did I read this incorrectly, or has Dr. Edgerton recruited a few quadriplegic patients on the down low few years back similar to the four paraplegics in the epidural stimulator trial. And has stated results were pretty impressive, with his over the skin simulator for arm and hand function? But hasn't actually released anything official yet.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcM View Post
    Did I read this incorrectly, or has Dr. Edgerton recruited a few quadriplegic patients on the down low few years back similar to the four paraplegics in the epidural stimulator trial. And has stated results were pretty impressive, with his over the skin simulator for arm and hand function? But hasn't actually released anything official yet.
    Curious too
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcM View Post
    You may possibly be talking about one of the Arm's of the clinical trial that needed only 6 participants (which I believe is done?) and I'm not sure about your term down low if your talking internal or external? The next Arm of the trial for the 12 men on bladder recovery shows it has not started recruiting just yet at University of CA with Dr. Daniel Lu.
    The ARMS were 6 and 6 and 12 for a total of 24... You do mean bladder, right?

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/...+injury&rank=1
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 04-16-2015 at 04:14 PM.