Thread: Sienna ramp won't elevate

Sienna ramp won't elevate

My husband got to work today, rolled out of his van and pushed the button to close the 2009 Sienna Braun ramp van sliding door. The door started to slide and then hit the down-position ramp. Several tries. Same thing. The ramp goes down when the sliding door opens but won't go up when he pushes close. There are no obstructions or foreign objects under sliding door. He hurt his shoulder trying to pull it up manually. Work colleagues helped him when he left for home.

Has anyone had the same problem? We are not mechanically savvy. The van dealer is far from us and can't see him until mid/late next week.

Thanks for reading.

When that happen to my van, I had a weak battery..bought a new one..never happen again..
    Louie Gonzalez
    C6 C7

I had all kinds of problems with my braun ramp. Turns out I needed a new motor. However, I learned that if I grabbed the sliding door handle and jerked the door back and forth, that it would trigger the ramp and it would raise. Might be worth a try. Good luck.

There was a cancellation at the van dealer repair shop this AM. Like Mike G. said, it was the motor. Cracked and leaking. We had tried the sliding door handle thing yesterday with no luck.
    $750 on the credit card but he's back in the driver's seat.