Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: neuro hell

Yeah, I can relate. My consciousness revolves around current pain compared to # of pain pill left for the day. All day bargaining with the clock even when I'm doing other things. Yesterday when my daughter was here & saw me writhing. She had the saddest look on her face. God, I hate causing pain in others in general, it's excruciating to watch my kid hurt. I feel stuck in a hole I can't get out of. There are those who say life is better without opioids but I can't even cut down on my daily dose much less quit them completely. It's not much of an existence but I only know of one alternative.

Just FYI my pain was spirialing out of control and I wasn't eating. No appetite left. I realized I was dehydrated. I drank lots of water today, got my appetite back, and only took aleve. Maybe this will help someone.

A thought. Insight Mindfulness Meditation. I lived in hell, I still have pain,
    But meditation has saved me from suicide and changed me to the extent
    that I love life, and rebuilding a meaningful life.

I'm a certifed teacher and knowlegable about the science of how and why
    it helps. I'd talk to anyone interested about it. Look on the Life thread i'm
    speaking about it at a conference on pain this Sunday, April 3

Ket

I saw some info on this event Sunday. Goes from 10am to 3ish. Ket, do you know when your piece will be? I assume the times are EDT so being in CA I'll be 3 hours earlier. It would be helpful to know when you expect to be streaming. I'd love to listen. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ketamine kitty View Post
    A thought. Insight Mindfulness Meditation. I lived in hell, I still have pain,
    But meditation has saved me from suicide and changed me to the extent
    that I love life, and rebuilding a meaningful life.

I'm a certifed teacher and knowlegable about the science of how and why
    it helps. I'd talk to anyone interested about it. Look on the Life thread i'm
    speaking about it at a conference on pain this Sunday, April 3

Ket

I can't take this anymore . Day after day after day it's the same burning hell with no end in sight.

I can only image what you're going through. I'm in the same boat, but I'm probably only a piece of wood in the deck compared to your pain.

My surgery has not gone as expected. I now experience pain in other areas now and it's more intense than it was before. Seems like I have to go through a series of small neck movements I can get rid of the pain for a short period of time. Last night was brutal. I could not get into a comfortable enough position for a long enough period to get to sleep.

I had a CT scan done of my cervical area that also included my upper thoracic area. This was done to see if there might be something going on in the area of my original surgery. My follow-up appointment is in a couple of weeks. Hopefully we can come up with a new plan that will get rid of this pain. It is really starting to take over everything despite using the limited medications, patches and creams available.
    DaDutchman
    C5/C6 since 2007 due to car accident

All my empathy goes out to you guys. So, so sorry to hear how much it hurts. Not that I have any answers, just that I can relate. Trying to slow my thoughts as much as possible, taking the max amount of opioids and still the pain consumes my every waking moment. What a life. I just don't get it. What am I supposed to do with this?

I'm trying desperately not to take anymore meds , they seem to have little effect in pain relief... im not having much of a life either tho.. unless that life is laying down.

Quote Originally Posted by Freespin 71 View Post
    I'm trying desperately not to take anymore meds , they seem to have little effect in pain relief... im not having much of a life either tho.. unless that life is laying down.
    If they were meds that would provide some relief, I would take them, but such meds don't seem to exist for people like us.

As for lack of life, I'm still forcing myself to get out of bed for nine or 10 hours a day, but I'm spending a lot of that tilted back, tilted feels a tiny bit better than upright, and laying feels better than tilted (less shoulder blades sticking, don't feel as crooked and off-balance, etc.) still forcing myself to go out shopping, et al. with my caregiver, and to doctors, but I feel too damn uncomfortable to go out and do things that other people would consider fun. So, no real life.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

If anyone is interested in Mindfulness Meditation PM me. I'm trying to set up an economical skype class.
    Understand that I still have pain but the experience of pain has changed. I know that sounds hinky but my
    downward spiral is on the board and now my life is good.

Some info on my website www.pathwaytomindfulness.com

Ket