Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: neuro hell

Quote Originally Posted by alan View Post
    If they were meds that would provide some relief, I would take them, but such meds don't seem to exist for people like us.
    I definitely agree with you here. I have really tried to stay away from as much medication as possible. With the fusion of C4/C5 not being that effective yet in relieving my right shoulder blade pain, I'm rethinking about the possible use of medication.

After the surgery in Dec. of last year, I spent the next 6-8 weeks doing nothing. No physical therapy, limited trips outside the house, etc. In follow-up with the neurosurgeon I had 6 weeks of massage therapy on my neck to see if that would help relieve some of the pain. That didn't do much of anything. Latest visit to the neurosurgeon resulted in continuing to do neck massage and vertebrae manipulation. Within the past week this massaging and manipulation has left me in more pain in my right shoulder blade area. More intense pain than I was before the surgery. My neurosurgeon didn't seem too concerned about it because he felt the work he did was fine and should not be causing m any additional pain.

At this point I'll continue with the vertebrae manipulation and massages for another 6 weeks. I'm not sure what my options will be, if any. As for pain medications go, I can only take Suboxen for now and that doesn't seem to have any effect on my pain. Woo Whoo!
    DaDutchman
    C5/C6 since 2007 due to car accident

I took some time away to see if I could work my way thru this neuropathic hell I've also had some set backs unrelated to neuro hell .
    Living with severe neuropathic pain is very frustrating to say the least and now that I am years into living like this my life has become very isolated , I don't get out as much , I don't see my friends very often , most of things I enjoy doing have gone to the wayside ,with resistance it wasn't like they just gave up but it's been very difficult maintaining my identity in life due to neuropathic pain which never let's up , learn to cope with it and except life is not everything I want to be that I'm at the pain and the weathers mercy has been difficult to except . Despite how this may sound I do try very hard at staying positive , this is not for wimps ,I train very hard and lay down in between , this pain is relentless.
    Pins needles burning hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Freespin 71 View Post
    I took some time away to see if I could work my way thru this neuropathic hell I've also had some set backs unrelated to neuro hell .
    Living with severe neuropathic pain is very frustrating to say the least and now that I am years into living like this my life has become very isolated , I don't get out as much , I don't see my friends very often , most of things I enjoy doing have gone to the wayside ,with resistance it wasn't like they just gave up but it's been very difficult maintaining my identity in life due to neuropathic pain which never let's up , learn to cope with it and except life is not everything I want to be that I'm at the pain and the weathers mercy has been difficult to except . Despite how this may sound I do try very hard at staying positive , this is not for wimps ,I train very hard and lay down in between , this pain is relentless.
    Pins needles burning hell.
    You've got me beat. I find myself unable to exercise due to the worsening upper back pain, sticking shoulder blades, and functional deterioration which is occurring for reasons unknown (annual MRIs are stable, I'm told by various doctors.)

I have no life. Few friends I have left I rarely see, and when I do see them, they come over here. I go out very little, because when I ride in my power chair, or am driven in my van, every stop, start, or bomb I go over causes shooting pain in my back, and abdomen.
    Last edited by alan; 01-21-2017 at 04:55 PM.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

It sucks. I made it to lunch time. Don't sleep worth a shit which makes it worse. This is bullshit.

I keep my med list to what puts me to sleep and pay for workout each time some times more then others but I refuse too quit . I do understand there are verious degrees of people living with this pain, saddens me .

This saddened me because there is no end insight , seems like I jinxed myself since my last post I've done nothing but lay down with this neuropathic hell, legs , waist , back on fire , move the wrong way and I'm getting zapped or getting zapped for no reason. I know winter weather plays a part in this , I was doing pretty good there for awhile , I kinda had no choice I'm having to do rehab to recover from surgery, this neuro hell has me beat back down again and I know the longer I lay around the worse it gets.

Alan I have that problem as well when I train I make the pain worse specially where I am broken at , I'm not fused so the more I move the more pain I cause but not working out I get even worse.
    Very difficult

From my injury on down I am frozen to the touch, like a deep freeze , this deep freeze is a burning hell.

I mean like extra frozen not just the normal cold to the tough paralysis , lower back and around my hips , the rest I would say feels like cold to the touch paralysis , pins needles burning equally as much .

T-10 Para chronic pain 23 plus years. Talking bad pain told Doctors I need help or I am entertaining the thought of Taking myself out of this world. So bad where sad to say I attempted it after 11 years. I just couldn't tolerate it 24 x 7 and I am talking level of 1-10 a level of 10.5. After that Doctors got serious and said this guy's not kidding he's in major pain. The only way I get relief is by them giving me low doses of hydromorphine in my baclofen pump. It's 7 times stronger than morphine. The medication goes direct to my spine very low doses helps tremedously. Because my body does not have to metabolize it so much. Since it goes direct to the source. Good luck and hope you get some releife