Thread: DME commercial showing his products while blocking disabled parking, geez.

DME commercial showing his products while blocking disabled parking, geez.

The video is boring but I saw this on Youtube and almost did a double-take. It's a salesperson trying to get people to buy his covers for wheelchair and scooters and he has all the demos set up in his storefront parking lot, blocking the disabled parking spot. My head spins.

That's eight tickets he's got coming in the mail. Notice how all the other parking places are empty?
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

I continue to be awestruck by AB's saying how easy things are, then proceeding to do things that are difficult for users to do even in the best of circumstances. AB mindset seems to be users are always helpless, so let's not design things that are easy for THEM.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

I'd bet money that it was intentional, thinking that viewers would associate the accessible symbol as something for them.

He's a salesman who lacks empathy for his target market. Pretty sad, but pretty common.

With the lack of parked cars and no vehicle or pedestrian traffic, it was probably filmed on a Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by endo_aftermath View Post
    With the lack of parked cars and no vehicle or pedestrian traffic, it was probably filmed on a Sunday.
    What reaction to his ad would he get if he had avoided the dedicated slots, even on Sunday? I think he doesn't give a damn and if I had a choice I would not visit him.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

That brings a thought to my mind. Wouldn't it make more sense to have about 2/3 of the parking spots be handicap spots? I mean their clientele is mostly chair users or folks with some sort of disability.
    Just saying.
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8