Thread: NO! Classic hoyer lift for you

Angry NO! Classic hoyer lift for you

Well it's been about a month and I still can't find any supplier in CT. that offers the Joerns C-HLA classic Hoyer lift.
    http://www.spinlife.com/Hoyer-Classi...roductID=77749
    I have Medicare and I don't see why I should fork over $700 just because no one in CT. carries it.
    The reason I like this model it has a 77 inch boom which brings me right over the w/c seat making it easier for one person.
    Does anyone have any idea what I can do?
    Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.
    Bob Seger

Keep an eye on Craigslist, ebay, Goodwill, etc.

Spinlife bills insurance for this product. Is it possible to contact either SpinLife or your insurance and get the process started? I would think if you had a letter of medical necessity the insurance company would pay for it, regardless of the supplier. Especially if the product is not stocked in the state!

You might also consider contacting nursing homes or a medical loan shop...they may have one that they are willing to get rid of. The worst they can tell you is no. It would be important to check that it is still in usable shape though.

My best advice would be to go talk to Spinlife and insurance though; seems ridiculous they wouldn't be willing to purchase it from an online supplier if you don't have a DME in the state. How close are you to the border of another state?

Good luck!
    Mystery

Quote Originally Posted by Mystery View Post
    Spinlife bills insurance for this product. Is it possible to contact either SpinLife or your insurance and get the process started? I would think if you had a letter of medical necessity the insurance company would pay for it, regardless of the supplier. Especially if the product is not stocked in the state!

You might also consider contacting nursing homes or a medical loan shop...they may have one that they are willing to get rid of. The worst they can tell you is no. It would be important to check that it is still in usable shape though.

My best advice would be to go talk to Spinlife and insurance though; seems ridiculous they wouldn't be willing to purchase it from an online supplier if you don't have a DME in the state. How close are you to the border of another state?

Good luck!
    Mystery

Yes I did read about Spinlife's policy. I'm go to try and get in touch with http://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Medicare-Fee-for-Service-Payment/DMEPOSCompetitiveBid/Competitive_Acquisition_Ombudsman.html> tomorrow. I'll tell them about Spinlife.
    Thank you all for your suggestions.
    Dan
    Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.
    Bob Seger