Thread: Dress shoes- slippage

Dress shoes- slippage

This sounds like a stupid question, but I'm just going to ask it anyways. I've been part of the gang for 5 years- my biggest pet peeve is that my dress shoes slip off my TiLite ZR chair when on anything but flat ground.

I have the tubular open bar foot "plate" and am thinking of swapping to another one. I have also bought some grip tape to put on the bars- it sorta works, but on any new shoes, it still doesn't do the trick. I'm constantly having to adjust my shoes which can creep back on the foot plate or slip entirely off.

Thanks!

No question is stupid. You should be able to get grip tape that creates enough hold of your foot/shoe. What kind of incline are you saying shoe is slipping off of? The steeper the incline, the more difficult it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithR View Post
    This sounds like a stupid question, but I'm just going to ask it anyways. I've been part of the gang for 5 years- my biggest pet peeve is that my dress shoes slip off my TiLite ZR chair when on anything but flat ground.

I have the tubular open bar foot "plate" and am thinking of swapping to another one. I have also bought some grip tape to put on the bars- it sorta works, but on any new shoes, it still doesn't do the trick. I'm constantly having to adjust my shoes which can creep back on the foot plate or slip entirely off.

Thanks!
    I have the exact same chair and exact same foot plate design and experience the same problem. I was able to find some extra thick grip tape at a local skateboard shop and applied to foot plate bars and to bottom of dress shoes. Problem solved. I just have to remember when I slip them off not to put my shoes on carpet, as it snags and not on my hardwood floors either. Otherwise reversing the calf strap has helped also. Not very professional looking but it saves my shoes from dragging at the toes.

This doesn't solve your issue but may help with foot/shoe slippage for others with a standard footplate. I bought a black kneeling pad at K Mart for 8.00. and cut it to fit footplate. I then used some adhesive velcro and placed the hook side down on the bottom of pad and the loop side up on the footplate. The pad now sticks nicely to footplate. My shoes and bare feet rest nicely on 3/4" pad. Before I did this I had problems all the time while barefoot and outside with shoes when I would hit a bump. Now my feet stay on reliably and I can quickly remove pad to attach Freewheel.

Maybe i will try grip tape on the bottom of my shoes as well- not a bad idea.

the problem with grip tape on the tubular foot plate is that the surfaces are curved and therefore the tape has a tendency to come off over time.

You can try Dycem on both the soles of your shoes and on the foot piece. Avoid attaching your feet to the foot piece with anything that won't come off if you fall out of your chair....it is a good way to break a leg.

(KLD)