Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Communication is so important . . . (TiLite TR design)

Communication is so important . . . (TiLite TR design)

Here is what I thought I asked for on my completed order form:

Name:  1-1-2 Dimensions Side.JPG
Views: 813
Size:  63.6 KB

And here's what TiLite drew:

Name:  1-CAD 20150316 TR.jpg
Views: 865
Size:  122.4 KB

It appears I've got some splainin' (and reconfiguring) to do . . .
    Last edited by chasmengr; 03-20-2015 at 12:58 AM.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

What's the brown slab signify? How come you are putting the anti tip so far off the ground? Why all the dump? Looks like a rugby or off road chair, but with the casters behind your feet instead of out front. What kind of cushion you going to sandwich in there?

Quote Originally Posted by baldfatdad View Post
    What's the brown slab signify? How come you are putting the anti tip so far off the ground? Why all the dump? Looks like a rugby or off road chair, but with the casters behind your feet instead of out front. What kind of cushion you going to sandwich in there?
    Brown slab = cafeteria tray (I carry one under the seat with my AeroZ now)
    Anti-tip off ground so I can do wheelies, but not tip over backwards (also on my AeroZ now, and I can rest back on the 5th wheel and spin).
    Dump is same as I have now, too. It keeps me from sliding out of my chair when going downhill in my very hilly neighborhood.
    Casters are placed like my AeroZ, too.
    Cushion = Comfort Company Adjuster (VicAir technology)
    (aft axle is for Dragonfly while exercising/pedaling and offroading - forward axle is for using casters while onroading)

This design mirrors my existing (heavily modified) AeroZ, which is super comfortable (and nearly five years old). I think my PT suggested a new chair partially because my AeroZ is so modified (i.e, shortened backrest canes, cut aluminum seat pan {for ergo}, wooden wedges {for ergo}, shortened frontend downtubes to raise footrest, cut axle mounts to lower RSH, etc.).
    Last edited by chasmengr; 03-20-2015 at 12:19 PM.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Is it mostly the back camber tube that is off in the drawing? I give you a lot of credit for going for it on all of this. Maybe it would save everyone a lot of time to just send you the SolidWorks file so you can modify it in SketchUp.

P.S. Your signature quote is really apropos
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

I guessed at several dimensions TiLite doesn't publish, and I misunderstood several they do publish.
    I guessed at cambertube mount dimensions, bend radii, caster positioning, bottom-tube placement and configuration . . .
    I misread/misunderstood the ergo design measurements.

Hopefully I'm done Sketching my chair now.

RE my sig quote: it's been apropos many times throughout my life - I continue working to communicate better

Quote Originally Posted by elarson View Post
    Is it mostly the back camber tube that is off in the drawing? I give you a lot of credit for going for it on all of this. Maybe it would save everyone a lot of time to just send you the SolidWorks file so you can modify it in SketchUp.

P.S. Your signature quote is really apropos
    Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

I don't see where you specified COG, but TiLite returned with one of them at -1.25. Is that what you want?

Edit: The cad seems wrong as dimensioned. Shouldn't it be -1.25/2?, 3/4 inch since the line only goes to the center of the camber tube which is 1.25 inches in diameter.
    Last edited by nonoise; 03-20-2015 at 02:52 PM.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

The measurement I noticed that was the most different was the front height of the frame. Your measurement is at highest point, theirs at front of seat.

What about your home made casters to cut flutter? What's Tiite doing about those?
    Last edited by baldfatdad; 03-20-2015 at 04:02 PM. Reason: forgot stuff I'm old

chas..double check on the angled rigidizer bar. I really thought the multi-angle was a design of older aluminum bar. The TR3 and newer design had the curved bar. The curve would deliver all strength through entire length of bar evenly. The angled bar would have different change in the energy at the angles. I do not know, but I think this was one of the changes with the titanium frame.

Here are my tentative comments (they may answer some questions):

Name:  TR CAD Comments 1.JPG
Views: 563
Size:  257.2 KB
    Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    I don't see where you specified COG, but TiLite returned with one of them at -1.25. Is that what you want?

Edit: The cad seems wrong as dimensioned. Shouldn't it be -1.25/2?, 3/4 inch since the line only goes to the center of the camber tube which is 1.25 inches in diameter.
    I guessed at the dimensions of the cambertube mounts, so you're correct, I did not spec CoG other than "H=MIN." I'm trusting TiLite's dimensions around those mounts.

Yes, -1.25 is great for the aft cambertube (Dragonfly traction). I'm ever so slightly nervous about a 4" minimum CoG for the forward cambertube; my current AeroZ CoG is about 2.25", but the TR is said to be more front heavy (needs a more forward CoG than AeroZ), and my PT said my shoulders will benefit from a more forward CoG.

edit: -1.25 is dependent on dimensions of the amputee adapter, and is measured from front of backrest cane to center of aft cambertube.

Name:  TiLite AmpAdpt.JPG
Views: 590
Size:  62.8 KB
    Last edited by chasmengr; 03-20-2015 at 05:52 PM.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>