Thread: Hand Band Pro - glove alternative

Hand Band Pro - glove alternative

The company that designed the Hand Band Pro for crossfit users had a program where wheelchair/crutch users can get the 'glove alternative' for free. I just recently received mine. Their program has you write a short bio about yourself and then customers can pay to sponsor someone. You can also buy the product yourself and it's very reasonably priced. The Hand Band Pro provided grip & minimal padding across your palm in most of the area where you'd push with. As an incomplete quad I find these a TON easier to get on and can leaver in all day!

Here's the link: http://www.handbandpro.com/pages/our-mission

Thanks for posting. We just signed up and hope to get a pair. I like how easy they look to put on. What a terrific way to help people out.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

I've signed up too… Putting gloves, finger after finger, is a true hassle. This can be a nice solution…
    C6-7 since mid 2002, no hand control nor triceps.
    my website & my job (in France): Accessibility advisor www.acceslibre.eu
    Also working on a French research about Peer counseling and Empowerment.

We just received the HandBand Pro handbands today. My husband says they are very comfortable and they are easy to put on. He will use one on the hand he pushes the chair with for a better grip and the other on his contracted hand to reduce skin damage from nails digging into the palm. Also like that they are machine washable.

#handbandpro
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Elarson, thank you for give a report on the gloves. I have been interested in them since the thread started.

I would give it a go Grommet. Like sledgrl said, they are not padded, but the ease of getting them on and the comfort is really good. I'm not sure if they would be a glove replacement for a really active user though. My husband has tried many different things, but so far, these work the best for him.

I just think it is so cool that they did this sponsorship program and that people are willing to sponsor. We only signed up about 10 days ago and even with international shipping got them quickly. I just wish there was a way to personally thank the person who sponsored them.

I hope you get your's soon too robotnik!

Quote Originally Posted by grommet View Post
    Elarson, thank you for give a report on the gloves. I have been interested in them since the thread started.

Today I signed up asking for a sponsor too. I don't know if I did it right because it asked for my facebook info and I didn't know what that meant. I went to my Facebook page and copied the address in the bar. I hope that's enough.

With gloves I am alway sacrificing something, like grip over dexterity. I have tried so many many different gloves. I hope someone will sponsor me so I can try these new ones. And like other people are saying, getting gloves on and off is a pain. If I get a pair I will post. :-)