Thread: Stimmaster and RTI fes bike users?

Stimmaster and RTI fes bike users?

I have used the Stimmaster fes bike in the past and the RT300 I am using currently. The stimmaster was just to much trouble to use so I got a rt300 which I really like and use 2 to 3 times a week but the stimmaster seemed to stim harder than the rt300. I think I have it turned up as high as it will go but it does not push me like the old stimmaster, with it I was totally exhausted when I got done. My legs were also larger even though I did not use it as much. I remember my whole quads would contract but with the rt300 just the strand of muscle under the pad gets contracted. Has anyone else noticed the stimmaster shocking harder than the rt300 or am I doing something wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by maddog View Post
    I have used the Stimmaster fes bike in the past and the RT300 I am using currently. The stimmaster was just to much trouble to use so I got a rt300 which I really like and use 2 to 3 times a week but the stimmaster seemed to stim harder than the rt300. I think I have it turned up as high as it will go but it does not push me like the old stimmaster, with it I was totally exhausted when I got done. My legs were also larger even though I did not use it as much. I remember my whole quads would contract but with the rt300 just the strand of muscle under the pad gets contracted. Has anyone else noticed the stimmaster shocking harder than the rt300 or am I doing something wrong?
    No, you are absolutely right. The RT300 outputs much less stimulation because of the stimulation wave form they use. My company is developing a new, easy-to-use, affordable FES bike that provides a great workout and it outputs twice as much stimulation as the RT300.

Quote Originally Posted by maddog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Hamlet View Post
    No, you are absolutely right. The RT300 outputs much less stimulation because of the stimulation wave form they use. My company is developing a new, easy-to-use, affordable FES bike that provides a great workout and it outputs twice as much stimulation as the RT300.
    Interesting. Having owned a StimMaster and now an RT-300, this has been my experience as well.

Alan, any guess as to why the RT was designed with less "horsepower" under the hood?

My company is developing a new, easy-to-use, affordable FES bike that provides a great workout and it outputs twice as much stimulation as the RT300.[/QUOTE]

When is this going to happen?

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Interesting. Having owned a StimMaster and now an RT-300, this has been my experience as well.

Alan, any guess as to why the RT was designed with less "horsepower" under the hood?
    I am really not sure. Maybe they were fearful of adverse effects, i.e. skin irritation or burns, due to misuse.
    I should clarify that I don't know exactly how the StimMaster does stimulation, but if they do it like many other current FES stimulators do, than it outputs more stim than the RT-300.

Quote Originally Posted by HACKNSACK44 View Post
    When is this going to happen?
    Did my PM go through to you?

Long story short, it will be on the market in less than a year.

Did my PM go through to you?

Long story short, it will be on the market in less than a year.
    Got it and replied.

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete

Do you know of a good source for a laymans (or like I am a 5 year old) explanation into the different wave forms and the theories behind them. and or the output variations that are used.

Good luck with your project...

Some wave forms can cause pain or a/d in certain people. I'm sure RTI was erring on the side of caution and uses a fairly mild waveform so as not to aggravate certain conditions. I have 2 Electrologics and lots of spare parts including 2 extra computer heads, I'll never get rid of those units they serve me well. Great workout.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred