Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Firefly vs Stricker Lipo Lomo: info/thoughts appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    yes, the team hybrid has a female receiver under the seat. very sturdy, however may interfere with smart drive. I don't know much about batec yet.
    So the receiver might block the SmartDrive battery.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by post-polio para View Post
    John and Scott, I like the Batec and am wondering how it attaches underneath the chair. Again I would not want any attachment bracket or frame to interfere with using my Smartdrive. Same concern I have with team hybrid's offering. Both look more up my alley and appear beefier that the Stricker. Any additional info appreciated, as always. Jim
    If there's any interference the Batec has with the Smartdrive, it'd be with the battery. I haven't had a close look at how their mounting bracket attaches, but everything stays clear of the camber tube. Check this video...

yes.
    heres a docking vid
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6LRpHWg6is

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    So the receiver might block the SmartDrive battery.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Not on mine. My battery fits between the sling and rigidizer bar. But at video stop, 1:08 this docking method blocks out the center of the wheelchairs axle. However that mounting system appears to be superior to the others. I'd just get a second cheap chair for cruising and not worry about the SmartDrive.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

I wish mine fit there. im looking forward to integrated battery

Not on mine. My battery fits between the sling and rigidizer bar. But at video stop, 1:08 this docking method blocks out the center of the wheelchairs axle. However that mounting system appears to be superior to the others. I'd just get a second cheap chair for cruising and not worry about the SmartDrive.
    Last edited by fuentejps; 03-17-2015 at 07:19 PM.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

I'm adding my input on this, even though it may not be relevant to the original post. My husband has hemiparesis (one sided paralysis). We looked into both the Stricker Lipo Lomo and Team Hybrid, along with many others. We liked them both, but the mounting in the center on the Team Hybrid did not work well for us (I need to help with equipment). We are fortunate in that we were able to get both a ZX-1 and a power handbike. Because the ZX-1 mounts on the camber, as does the SmartDrive, having the Firefly mount on the front of the frame was important to us. Also, not having heavy hardware on the chair was very important. If you don't intend on getting another assist/add-on that mounts to the camber tube, personally I thought the Team Hybrid approach was better and less "fiddly" for docking. We really like the Firefly. My husband has some issues with how fast it throttles up, but most of that has to do with him only having one hand to steer and control the throttle with. For the price, I think the Firefly is a good investment, and although he does not use it as much as the ZX-1, we are very happy with it.
    Last edited by elarson; 03-18-2015 at 04:45 AM.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Mine didn't fit at first. See the shiny new rigidizer bar? couple a bills, plus painting, well worth it.
    Name:  18and a quarter.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  326.8 KB

Mine didn't fit at first. See the shiny new rigidizer bar? couple a bills, plus painting, well worth it.
    Name:  18and a quarter.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  326.8 KB
    nice mod.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

Don't our chairs have nearly identical dimensions? My Smartdrive battery fits like a glove.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jo1q086nt43k6gn/tr3-cad.jpg

Andrew at Living Spinal sent me pics of the docking bar for the Batec which mounts below the rigidizer bar on a chair like mine. My Smartdrive battery also mounts between the seat sling and the rigidizer bar on my TiLite Aero T, so there shouldn't be a problem. Wish there was a firmer timeline for when available in the States. Andrew says they are likely looking at Fall this year at the earliest. The Batec comes closest to what I had in mind of all the options discussed here. The questions for me are now twofold: 1) what will it eventually cost, 2) and do I want to wait?