Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Firefly vs Stricker Lipo Lomo: info/thoughts appreciated

my fault.

carry on.

Several months ago I obtained a Dragonfly (manual version of Firefly). With nice weather finally here, I've been able to finally use it, and am still breaking it in: stretching cables, tightening joints, etc. like any new bike. I like it a lot. As an attachment, it'll never function like a dedicated handcycle: some minor play exists in the attachments. Mine has a 12" spoke wheel. Build quality is decent, and components are great (except the parking brake lever). Factory assembly is somewhat amateurish; mine required some very basic assembly readjustments (e.g., tube stem was inaccessible as installed). Initial attaching was tedious (getting it adjusted the way I wanted), but now it works great. I can imagine careful assembly and highest quality fit and finish would drive the price up quickly, but I don't need better, so the extra cost would not be worth it to me. For similar reasons, I drive a used Mazda instead of a new BMW
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Thank you very little John for highjacking my veyr first post on this forum to hawk your products. If this is the way this forum works, I hope this is not indicative. By the way, thank you Scott for actually responding to my original inquiry with an informative response. Still would appreciate any related info to my original inquiry. Thanks all, Jim

Quote Originally Posted by post-polio para View Post
    Thank you very little John for highjacking my veyr first post on this forum to hawk your products. If this is the way this forum works, I hope this is not indicative. By the way, thank you Scott for actually responding to my original inquiry with an informative response. Still would appreciate any related info to my original inquiry. Thanks all, Jim
    I think John made an honest mistake.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

sorry about us going off topic. both units have their place. chase nailed it. best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by post-polio para View Post
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Jim, I think John and Scott are just really passionate about these equipment threads and all the options out there. I don't think John was pimping his site. If you want me to clean out your thread I can.

Jim

First, apologies to you John, for my unnecessarily harsh post. I see from re-reading the thread you acknowledged taking things off track. At this point looks like I'll need to start a new thread to get the info I was originally seeking as I doubt anyone new will wade through all of this at this point.

I do have a question for you, Jim, as the administrator. I twice attempted to post a detailed reply to John yesterday regarding his 'apples and oranges' comment as it seemed pretty clear he was not understanding which Stricker product I was referencing. On both occasions, when I hit the post button, I briefly got a flashed message to the effect that my post would need to be reviewed by the administrator before being added to the thread. Why was this and where did they go? To you, possibly? Did you get them? Neither post contained any expletives or anything else that could be considered objectionable. I then sent a 'test' post and it went through with no problem. The only thing different about the posts that I can think of is that I put several words in italics. Would that cause them to bounce?

John, first, see my post below. What I was trying to convey to you yesterday in the posts that vanished, and I also think Scott was trying to do the same, is that we were discussing the 'full electric' (no hand cranks) Stricker Electrodrive Lipo, not one of the 'handcycle based' Strickers that are sold on your site. The Electrodrive Lipo Lomo is in fact very similar to the Firefly in terms of intended function and specs, if not price.

I'm still hopeful some actual Stricker Electrodrive Lipo Lomo owners will weigh in on what you get for $3K more, other than probably better build quality. That is why I spent so much time in my initial post describing how I intend to use whatever I buy. I do also appreciate the feedback from Firefly owners, and others, with relevant info to share. Jim

The software may make a post a "moderated" post which has to be cleared by a moderator (I did yours yesterday evening) when they are posts from a new member with few or no previous posts, those with links (trying to screen out spammers), and sometimes those from IP addresses of suspected spammers. This site was nearly taken apart by spammers several years ago, and the new software is much tighter than previously. These forums are one of the few sites I know of that don't require some type of vetting for joining, nor moderator review of all posts, so I think we are pretty liberal in what we approve. Jim can chime in further as the administrator.

(KLD)

Thanks for the explanation. I see they are now posted.