Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516

Thread: Ever feel like giving up? This life isn't easy...

Quote Originally Posted by Crappler View Post
    I'm sorry, but are we trying to advocate suicide now? If a newbie SCI were to come along and start reading here, it would be very damaging to their recovery.

Maybe it's because I haven't read every post on this thread, but wish the moderators would close it.
    I know I felt that I was "odd" for wanting to end it but from threads like this it makes you realise you are not alone and you get the opportunity to express your feelings, I'd hate to see a sugar coated, sanitised forum which doesn't reflect real life. One of the issues I see is that with SCI covering a range of disabilities from walking to high level quads on ventilators there is no real comprehension by low level paras of what a high level quad goes through, the reasons for existing are far fewer (depending upon your previous life experiences). The forum has to reflect that and a degree of common sense when choosing which threads you want to read wouldn't go amiss....

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Tim, this is simply not true.

There are currently two separate therapies in clinical trials that are restoring walking, bowel, bladder, and possibly sexual function. Another therapy is eliminating severe neuropathic pain. Decades of research is now bearing fruit.
    Dr. Youngs and What would be the other one?

I am glad this thread is here. I try to stay out of it though. As a low level Para, I really have no idea what a high level quad is going through. But with this thread you begin to get a real world point a view what a quad is going through

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marvin_cr View Post
    I am glad this thread is here. I try to stay out of it though. As a low level Para, I really have no idea what a high level quad is going through. But with this thread you begin to get a real world point a view what a quad is going through
    Marv, you sure got that right, it ain't no bargin being a hi quad. There also are vast differences between the levels of quad. Me being a 4/5 couldn't complain when compared to the challenges and obstacles that a 3 goes through. By same token, I'd give my left arm to be a 6, my quality of life would be infinitely easier to deal with.