Thread: Round Betty wheels weight include hand rims and tires

Round Betty wheels weight include hand rims and tires

Hi,

I have a question for RB manufacturer. What is the total weight of RB including the rims and schwalbe marathon plus tires.

Thank You.

Canucks

Don't forget the tubes, air in the tires, axles. What tires, tubes, hand rim, size wheel, length and material of axle? All this stuff could probably make a pound or two of difference, depending on your choices.

Quote Originally Posted by baldfatdad View Post
    Don't forget the tubes, air in the tires, axles. What tires, tubes, hand rim, size wheel, length and material of axle? All this stuff could probably make a pound or two of difference, depending on your choices.
    Hi baldfatdad,

I am interested in HD tube, Schwable marathon plus tires, standard axle with 24 inches rim.

Thank You.

Canucks

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    I never understood why people do this, but when using the heavy tubes and marathon plus tires, you really lose the benefit of a light wheel. I spend lots of money on a wheel to be light as possible with lightweight tires and tubes. If I was using tires/tubes that were heavy, might as well just use spoke wheels or something cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by jschism View Post
    I never understood why people do this, but when using the heavy tubes and marathon plus tires, you really lose the benefit of a light wheel. I spend lots of money on a wheel to be light as possible with lightweight tires and tubes. If I was using tires/tubes that were heavy, might as well just use spoke wheels or something cheaper
    Maybe just because they want a cool wheel?

Same reason people buy a light weight chair, then put a back pack full on change on it.

Or a superlight bike with two water bottles.

My 'ultralight' weighs in at 65+# with all my stuff on it. It's still very nimble.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    My 'ultralight' weighs in at 65+# with all my stuff on it. It's still very nimble.
    Chas, you must have checked the wrong box. Its "Titanium" hand rims, not Tungsten.

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    My 'ultralight' weighs in at 65+# with all my stuff on it.
    Is that with you sitting in it? That doesn't sound too bad for a chair that dices, chops, hovers, and does just about anything else you can think of. LOL