Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Did anyone here get to attend yesterdays open house?

Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post
    Sorry about the confusion, so do you know if he is the same congressman who sponsored the meeting? (Hope "congressman" is correct since the congress is made by the Senate and the House of Representatives, if not please correct me once again)
    ???? It's correct, because that is what I just told you! The man isn't from the state of New Jersey and he's not a Senator. He's a D. Representative from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The only common denominator is that the state of Pennsylvania is located in the Northeast quadrant of the USA. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philadelphia

Was he just invited to attend a SCI briefing like other congressional members in the area to hear various speakers talk about what was going on with China clinical trials, or does he have some ulterior sinister motives and drama ready to unfold by being in attendance? I doubt SCI is a real political hot potato in Congress right now.

There was an open letter invitation for everyone to write to their Senators and Representatives and encourage them to attend. I imagine lots of letters went out to many Congressmen from people all over the country.
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 08-03-2015 at 04:59 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    Again, the man isn't even from the state of New Jersey. He's a D. Representative from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The only common denominator is that the state of Pennsylvania is located in the Northeast quadrant of the USA. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philadelphia

Was he just invited to attend a SCI briefing like other congressional members in the area to hear various speakers talk about what was going on with China clinical trials, or does he have some ulterior sinister motives and drama ready to unfold by being in attendance?
    I doubt SCI is a real political hot potato in Congress right now.
    A friend just pointed me to this link:

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...02#post1769202

Sharing Our Story in Washington, DC, Tuesday, June 23rd!
    Dr. Wise Young has been invited to give a Congressional Briefing on Capitol Hill for members of Congress and their staffs. Dr. Young will share the results of the clinical trials and the importance of bringing these trials to the United States.

Please write to your Senators and Representatives and urge them to attend: Tuesday, June 23rd, 2-3:00, Cannon Office Building, #121.

Thank you Congressman Chaka Fattah for sponsoring this briefing.
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Tell your friend thank you for the link, but I was unable to attend and hear all what was presented by the various speakers.

So what is the moral of your story then?