Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cross Country Walk. Equipment talk.

Quote Originally Posted by nia adha View Post
    How. this is truly helpful.
    I've searched and only see compensator for racing chair. i know there's one for wheelchair so people with one hand can push a chair too. you think you can give me some reference? i'm currently using tilite tr.

should look into used handcycle too i guess.
    It is helpful, because I don't want you trying to push across the US and failing and I don't want you to injure yourself pushing a chair for 9 months with one arm.

How about this:
    http://ridekick.com

Might solve the trailer issue (if you are travelling light!), as well as providing a bit of assistance....
    Gordon, father of son who became t6 paraplegic at the age of 4 in 2007 as a result of surgery to remove a spinal tumour.

US VISA: Validity Period v. Period of Stay

Quote Originally Posted by nia adha View Post
    I am indeed Malaysian. My 1st time I had a 2 year VISA, expired on 2014. But when I go again in 2014, they grant me with 10 year VISA, til 2024. Both of my partners also had this 10 year VISA, probably we're not first time in the country. That's why we're doing this! hope that clears things up.
    First of all, let me applaud you for even contemplating such a trip. It would be difficult enough for an AB person. Just to clarify your US VISA status, the 10 year VISA's granted to you and your partners are likely B1/B2 visitor VISA's., with a 10-year period is known as a validity period, during which you are generally allowed to freely enter/leave the US (obviously assuming good conduct).

Your VISA also explicitly grants a "Period of Stay," the maximum continuous period that you are allowed to stay within the US; with a B1 VISA, that period of stay is generally 3 months, while with a B2, the period of stay is generally 6 months. Beyond the initial period of stay, you will have to apply for an extension.

I hope that helps you better prepare for you travels within the US.

-Keith

Quote Originally Posted by kleonin View Post
    First of all, let me applaud you for even contemplating such a trip. It would be difficult enough for an AB person. Just to clarify your US VISA status, the 10 year VISA's granted to you and your partners are likely B1/B2 visitor VISA's., with a 10-year period is known as a validity period, during which you are generally allowed to freely enter/leave the US (obviously assuming good conduct).

Your VISA also explicitly grants a "Period of Stay," the maximum continuous period that you are allowed to stay within the US; with a B1 VISA, that period of stay is generally 3 months, while with a B2, the period of stay is generally 6 months. Beyond the initial period of stay, you will have to apply for an extension.

I hope that helps you better prepare for you travels within the US.

-Keith
    Just for fun...

"What Happens if I Have Already Overstayed My Visa?Overstaying your visa can be very serious. If you overstay your visa for 180 days or more (but less than one year), when you depart the U.S. you will be barred from reentering the U.S. for three years. If you overstay your visa for one year or more, when you depart the U.S. you will be barred from reentering the U.S. for ten years.
    However, if you overstayed your visa for less than 180 days, leaving the U.S. will not trigger any bars to your reentry. But keep in mind that the next time you try to enter the U.S., the border officer will be able to see that you overstayed your visa on your previous stay. Border officers always have the discretion to not allow you U.S. entry. If you overstayed by only a few days or a couple of weeks, the officer will probably let you in. But if you overstayed for several months or close to 180 days, it is likely the officer will think you plan to overstay again, and will not let you in."

I'm firmly of the view that asking forgiveness is easier than permission. Life's too short to spend your time following the letter of every silly law.

Wow that will be a great experience. May want to include a solar charger for your phone. Once you get started keep people updated and I am sure people along the way would be happy to let you stay with them for a few days to catch up on laundry and sleep. I would take more shirts less blue jeans.