Thread: Mini van seating

Mini van seating

We have always owned full sized, lowered floor vans with hand controls and ez-lock in the drivers position so I can drive. We are looking at a used mini van all set up with lowered floor, power door, ramp and removable passenger seat. However the drivers side has a 6 way power transfer seat and a captains chair in it.

I see the slotted tracks in the floor on both sides so the quick release passenger seat could be installed on both sides. It has a set of 4 Qstraint straps so I could strap in the passenger side while someone else drives. My question is can an ez-lock be installed on the drivers side will the quick release seat still clip in that area or do I need an ez-lock bracket for the movable passenger seat also?

Can you use both at the same time? Will a a quick release seat still clip in over an Ez-lock bracket?
    ^^(A)^^

yes it still will work you dont need an ez lock bracket for the van chair, at least I don't in my minivan.
    Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer

Thank you so much for your reply. I would like to get away with just the one Ezlock in the drivers side for my power chair and then just use the Qlink tie downs when I'm on the passenger side.
    ^^(A)^^

I had a 2010 Dodge Braun conversion with an ezlock installed on the passenger side. We were never able to put the dodge seat back in place...the ezlock interfered with the OEM seat lock down levers.

O.K. that's kind of what I was wondering I could go with 2 Ezlocks one one each side but I was trying to avoid it because I don't think the passenger seat base is set up for one. This is a Chevy Venture van so I guess we will have to get down under there and do some measuring. Going to need some help figuring it out, I went to 2 mobility dealers on Friday and both of them either wanted to sell me a new van, needed to see it in person or just didn't know.

Thanks for your input.
    ^^(A)^^

mine is a dodge 2000 grand caravan with ez lock on drivers side. the chair fits in the slots thoughit can take a little maneuvering to take it out of them.
    Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer

Blog Entries
    If you can get some photos of the drivers seat setup, it would be easier to answer the question. My 6 way seat has rails that it moves forward and backward on, and it would be a pain to unhook and remove the sliding seat base from the rails.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury