Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Ultralight, New HPCS coding, where to start? Holy Chair Graveyard Batman!

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    I use all leather climbing gloves I buy them a bit tight, stretch them to fit using shoe stretching liquid, and have a cobbler sew on finger pulls so I can get them off. Gloves made for wheelchair users last me a month or so. These gloves last me nearly a year (with some epoxy applied to wear spots).
    Shoe stretching liquid? I need this for some shoes. How good does it work? never heard of it until now.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

It works well. Any good shoe repair shop should stock it.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    It works well. Any good shoe repair shop should stock it.
    Google says it's just 50/50 rubbing alcohol and water. Could be, water softens leather, and alcohol acts like water on steroids.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

To break in leather riding boots faster I'd wet them down and wear them until they dried.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

P I N K ! ! ! Hey now. I am an old fart male. 50+ I do sit in a silver TR3. But I did break leg last year and ended up in hospital an surgery. Anyhow, TR was paid for out of pocket. I did have an old Quickie. Was far out of date limitation for new chair paid by insurance. I decided if I need be in wheelchair, then I am going to make sure people know it is me. New chair frame is P I N K ! ! ! Just wish footplate was pink also.

Quote Originally Posted by rlmtrhmiles View Post
    P I N K ! ! ! Hey now. I am an old fart male. 50+ I do sit in a silver TR3. But I did break leg last year and ended up in hospital an surgery. Anyhow, TR was paid for out of pocket. I did have an old Quickie. Was far out of date limitation for new chair paid by insurance. I decided if I need be in wheelchair, then I am going to make sure people know it is me. New chair frame is P I N K ! ! ! Just wish footplate was pink also.
    I love it!!! I'm in my mid thirties and known for blinging out my gear. My Walk Easy's have a cover space dyed that says "Impossible Girl" blinged out it's a Dr. Who thing, I'm a Geek. When I received my SideStix the first thing my friends commented on was they were missing my signature rhinestones. What they didn't realize was, for the first time the bling wasn't a magic trick meant to distract from the scratches and boo boos. Carbon Fiber is it's own bling.