Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: If you had the funds...would you opt for any current therapies?

Quote Originally Posted by ECUrach85 View Post
    Is there a way to get epidural stimulation in another country? Cuz I'd pretty much sell my house if there was a way. But yes, pretty much what you said is what I'd do
    Me as well.

If I had won that 1/2 a billion dollar power ball drawing, I said to myself I would AT LEAST fund the SCInetUSA trial in full and give CDRF the rest of the funds they need for the epistem study. And try to talk them both into a seperate study that I would fund that would include both the epistem and the cells and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone57 View Post
    Hey ECUrach85 go to this link you can get it in San Diego its out of pocket. I called there but I didn't discuss price with them

http://health.ucsd.edu/specialties/n...imulation.aspx

I went to San Diego last summer to talk with Dr. Justin Brown. He is a wonderful neurosurgeon in La Jolla, CA. I'm a c3/c4 ASIA B. Most insurances will cover the cost of the stimulator if you have a history of chronic pain. If I remember correctly it is a 2 or 4 channel stimulator. Nothing specialized for SCI like Kentucky is doing. He was still doing nerve transfers as of last summer. Unfortunately I didn't have enough preserved nerve function for the surgery to provide me any benefit.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvio GS View Post
    I was there last year lol
    How did that work out for you?

Quote Originally Posted by nrf View Post
    How did that work out for you?
    Everything was fine besides the efficacy of the treatment. Good experience though, one month holiday in Bangkok plus an extra stem cell shots which didn't work. I like to see it this way.
    There was a girl that got a combined treatment of stem cell and the electrical stimulator implant, she was the first having this operation at Beike. I don't think she got any significant improvements.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvio GS View Post
    Everything was fine besides the efficacy of the treatment. Good experience though, one month holiday in Bangkok plus an extra stem cell shots which didn't work. I like to see it this way.
    There was a girl that got a combined treatment of stem cell and the electrical stimulator implant, she was the first having this operation at Beike. I don't think she got any significant improvements.
    Thank you Silvio. It's coming. It's coming.

Stem cells alone Will not cause enough regeneration, in my opinion and there are numerous studies where they have tried and failed. Needs a scaffold technology or hydrogel etc definitely can't be intravenous needs to be directly at the injury site.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcM View Post
    Stem cells alone Will not cause enough regeneration, in my opinion and there are numerous studies where they have tried and failed. Needs a scaffold technology or hydrogel etc definitely can't be intravenous needs to be directly at the injury site.
    I do believe the same that without a scaffold, bridging or something, using stem cell alone any substantial recovery is impossible.
    But a year ago I didn't know as much about all this...and even so I chose to have only lumbar injections straight into the spinal cord. The idea of having intravenously shots was the same as massaging a prosthetic leg.