Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: If you had the funds...would you opt for any current therapies?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

If you had the funds...would you opt for any current therapies?

There have been so many advancements and I can't help but feel like the cure is out there right now. Maybe a mix of stem cells, spinal stimulation and intense rehab is the way. Admittedly a lot of the current information is overwhelming. But one thing I do understand is that a lot has happened in the way of research since my injury in 2010. So if you had unlimited funds, would you take the leap? And if so, where would you go?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ECUrach85 View Post
    There have been so many advancements and I can't help but feel like the cure is out there right now. Maybe a mix of stem cells, spinal stimulation and intense rehab is the way. Admittedly a lot of the current information is overwhelming. But one thing I do understand is that a lot has happened in the way of research since my injury in 2010. So if you had unlimited funds, would you take the leap? And if so, where would you go?
    I would opt for the time transfer therapy.

There's nothing fully fleshed out yet. Wait.

Epidural stimulation sounds like an excellent way to prepare but still in trials. No quads yet. Can't buy your way into a trial.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Can't buy your way into a trial.
    I don't believe that.

Well to be clear. For me, money is an issue. This is a hypothetical question. But I have a friend who got stem cells in Israel and his hand function returned. Who know if it was natural return the first year of injury, but it's hard not to grasp onto hope when you hear about return. After attending working 2 walk, I got a little wide eyed

Well to be clear. For me, money is an issue. This is a hypothetical question. But I have a friend who got stem cells in Israel and his hand function returned. Who know if it was natural return the first year of injury, but it's hard not to grasp onto hope when you hear about return. After attending working 2 walk, I got a little wide eyed
    Was it the macrophage cell trial or a stem cell trial? The macrophage trial came the the U.S. but was ended by the Israeli firm, Proneuron, because of funding before treating all the desired number of patients.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/...ophage&rank=14

I have the money, but the way I figure it I have one shot so I am waiting for something that is more proven than anything I have seen yet.

Hell no! You couldn't pay me to undergo any current treatment. There is nothing out there yet. The only thing that has shown any success at all is epidural stimulation. But I doubt it did anything useful for completes. Although, hopefully more info will come out in next few months about how much their complete patients recovered.

Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere Man View Post
    Hell no! You couldn't pay me to undergo any current treatment. There is nothing out there yet. The only thing that has shown any success at all is epidural stimulation. But I doubt it did anything useful for completes. Although, hopefully more info will come out in next few months about how much their complete patients recovered.
    Apparently two of the four were complete injuries, one of them told a friend he had bladder, bowel and pretty substantial sexual function returns, as well as temperature regulation and autonomic function. Pretty useful, (let me guess but where are the animal studies, who. Gives a fuck two severe human injuries just recorded substantial recovery) . I would pay to get in the trial in Russia, sounds the most promising by far, then do the kumming walking program well using bioness for hands right away. after that I would do the epidural stimulator and head to project walk for intense full body physiotherapy. I would sleep in a magnetic molecule energizer (because why not it MAY enhance the cells), and my nutrition would be perfect. I have nothing to lose, and potential to gain.

Blog Entries
    I saw a documentary on TV where two men were able to transfer in time by using a phone booth. We all better hurry though because phone booths will be extinct with all of these cell phone thingies coming out!
    Last edited by nrf; 03-04-2015 at 10:31 AM.