Thread: bladder capacity decreased

bladder capacity decreased

Normaly my bladder was capable of keeping 500-700ml without likings. Now I have a UTI and I'm on antibiotics for the 5th day. the problem is that my bladder doesn't keep more than 250ml. It stars leaking even at 200ml.

I have almost 2 years since my Botox injections but the bladder capacity decreased instantly, one week ago.

My question is that this bladder capacity decrese is doe to UTI or the Botox injection lost their effect?

Botox definitely does not last that long, some say optimal effects last only six months. I used to do it annually. A bladder infection can create an inflammation which causes a hyper irritability in your bladder which I can imagine causes premature contractions and leakage.

I had a similar, sudden decrease in bladder capacity a few weeks ago. It happened after I let the bladder get too full, cathing 1200ml. I was less than two months past my Botox treatment and everything was working splendidly, with routine caths of 400ml to 700ml, then suddenly, after the big one, I couldn't hold more than 200ml without leaking. The bladder recovered in 10 days, getting its no-drip reliability back.

Blog Entries
    Any time I have a UTI, my capacity goes down to 200 to 300 ml. For me, it is one of the symptoms of a real UTI verses colonization.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Similar experiences to all, except capacity; mine has been 350 - 400 ml for 15 years, and drops to 200 or less with irritation, such as a cystoscopy procedure, or the dreaded UTI.
    I've never had a botox injection, but will definitely inquire about it after people mentioning it on CC .
    In general, what bladder capacities are considered a healthy range?

Blog Entries
    Actually, 350 - 400 ml is considered a healthy range.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

same here, times of no uti, normally can hold 500-600 cc. During a UTI, bladder only holds 200-250 cc. Also its another clue I have an UTI