Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Decreased Funding from NIH in SCI

Right now legislation is being made to increase NIH funding. This is currently being written in the senate back rooms & will hopefully be presented & passed this fall. The senate version is called the Innovations for Healthier Americans Act.

The house passed legislation earlier this summer, called the 21st Century Cures Act.

I think both houses are calling for about $2 Billion in increased funding. Right now you can have direct influence with the senate bill.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeHalsted View Post
    Gee thanks Obama...

Wait Until trump is President, probably 100% budget cuts on SCI research so it can go towards making bombs or better hotels

Quote Originally Posted by Skipow View Post
    Right now legislation is being made to increase NIH funding. This is currently being written in the senate back rooms & will hopefully be presented & passed this fall. The senate version is called the Innovations for Healthier Americans Act.

The house passed legislation earlier this summer, called the 21st Century Cures Act.

I think both houses are calling for about $2 Billion in increased funding. Right now you can have direct influence with the senate bill.
    Thanks for the update skipow!

Could you also post how people can have a direct influence with the senate bill?

I am sure many people are willing to take action.
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    They'll cut it anyway if you continue to work the geopolitical rhetoric about Libia and Gheddafi.
    It's not my intention to continue.

I was just having a look at this threat: http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...-Century-Cures

..and I was wondering if you and C473s are still of the same opinion..

They'll cut it anyway if you continue to work the geopolitical rhetoric about Libia and Gheddafi.

Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post
    It's not my intention to continue.

I was just having a look at this threat: http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...-Century-Cures

..and I was wondering if you and C473s are still of the same opinion..
    No, personally I've never seen Libya or Muammar Gaddafi as much of a threat.

No, personally I've never seen Libya or Muammar Gaddafi as much of a threat.
    I guess my question wasn't clear, but it's not important

They look at incurable disease and injury and why spend money on it. When I first got hurt over 40 years ago doc said I be walking in 5 years.....here we are 40 years latter no closer than 40 years ago.
    Art

Quote Originally Posted by Art454 View Post
    They look at incurable disease and injury and why spend money on it. When I first got hurt over 40 years ago doc said I be walking in 5 years.....here we are 40 years latter no closer than 40 years ago.
    Seriously I don't know because I wasn't paralyzed 40 years ago, but most of the SCI veterans always quote something like that, but do you see no difference now that we have legitimate trials going on and stemcells and some arsenal to combat Spinal cord injury coming up that we didn't really have back in the day, so isn't it different? Isn't there really something to lean on now?
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

seriously asking
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Quote Originally Posted by Art454 View Post
    These kind of comments, although I understand because that would really suck, but it is garbage. We are far far closer with legitimate human trials being done right now not just a few many all over the world. Not only that there is new more advance next generation trials being tested in the animals and labs as we speak.