Thread: Fellow Canadians, have a question for ya.

Fellow Canadians, have a question for ya.

Chestshire homes, CCAC, VON etc etc will they provide someone with caregiving (basic morning and night bull) for C5 complete even though they had a auto insurance settlement?
    Just trying to settle a debate here?

A friend had her auto accident in 1988 ... she receives nursing care from CCAC in the morning (every morning anywhere from 8-12. At night she is put to bed by PSW's via ALSO at 10:00pm (can't remember what that stands for). She is C5-6. For all of these years.

Cheshire Homes - not sure. Long waiting list though. I was thinking of putting my name in .. for when I'm 60. I'm 42 now.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

CCAC in Toronto provides me with 14 hours per week, no fee. I divide it into 1 hour, 2x / day, a.m., p.m.
    I don't have insurance, but have sufficient income to supplement this government coverage with private help.
    I would probably qualify for increased time for free, but haven't looked into it yet.
    I've SCI friends that have a mix of assistance, depending on income, insurance, needs.