Thread: TiLite CAD drawings no more?

TiLite CAD drawings no more?

I recently decided to get a CAD drawing for my four year old ZRA. When I could not find a means to request it on their website, I emailed the request to Customer Service. This was their response:

"Thank you for contacting TiLite. We currently do not have a CAD drawing made up for this chair SN 11903791. Thank you, "

Another email and phone call have not generated a response for further explanation. Does anyone here know if this is the new TiLite policy? I was under the, possibly mistaken, impression that TiLite did furnish one copy of the drawing for each chair.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by endo_aftermath View Post
    I recently decided to get a CAD drawing for my four year old ZRA. When I could not find a means to request it on their website, I emailed the request to Customer Service. This was their response:

"Thank you for contacting TiLite. We currently do not have a CAD drawing made up for this chair SN 11903791. Thank you, "

Another email and phone call have not generated a response for further explanation. Does anyone here know if this is the new TiLite policy? I was under the, possibly mistaken, impression that TiLite did furnish one copy of the drawing for each chair.

Thanks.

TiLite will make a CAD drawing available upon request at the time the order is being processed. Many consumers are not made aware of this, obviously. It's a shame that so many DMEs fail to inform their customers about this. Sadder still, it may be that they themselves are not aware of the free CAD offer. At Bike-On we won't proceed without a CAD. (TiLite uses different renderings, used internally only, which are drawn to scale for the actual fabrication of the chair.)

I don't see why TiLite would be unable to create a "retrospective" CAD for you now based on the serial number of your ZRA, but given the time that has elapsed, it would likely incur a labor charge of $75.
    Last edited by stephen212; 02-27-2015 at 08:51 PM.

Thanks. That's a disappointment.

Just as an FYI, I tried to get a 3D rendering of my husbands chair in SolidWorks (their CAD software), and that was also not possible. We have been trying to design a piece of equipment for a ZRA, and and having that would have saved a lot of time. My guess is that they don't store all of the data unless needed. It would be something I would have been willing to pay for, but they still were not open to it.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Blog Entries
    The more I read here about what TiLite can (or will) not do, the happier I am with my Icon.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

When I broke my leg late last year, I used therapy and Medicare to get me another chair. Not replace my TR3 but an old Quickie. When I bought the TR3, I simply got it direct to me. No insurance involved. On that chair I did get the CAD and even had to approve it. That was 2+ years ago Last year when broke leg, did get new chair via insurance and rehab, but NO CAD. Did not know had to request.

Quote Originally Posted by endo_aftermath View Post

Thanks.
    TiLite will provide an initial CAD drawing for your new chair order at no charge, as long as it’s requested by your provider. Any changes or revisions made to the existing CAD would incur a $75 fee for each subsequent change. We can also provide a drawing for your older chair if needed, that would allow you to compare the two chairs side by side. Keep in mind these are paper drawings, as electronic files will not be shared.
    TiLite. The Ultimate Ride.

Quote Originally Posted by TiLite View Post
    TiLite will provide an initial CAD drawing for your new chair order at no charge, as long as it’s requested by your provider. Any changes or revisions made to the existing CAD would incur a $75 fee for each subsequent change. We can also provide a drawing for your older chair if needed, that would allow you to compare the two chairs side by side. Keep in mind these are paper drawings, as electronic files will not be shared.
    Can you private message us with the name of the person who sent you the email or send us a copy of the email to media@tilite.com? Thanks.
    TiLite. The Ultimate Ride.

Thanks for the clarification. I really don't think TiLite's policy is unreasonable--I just misunderstood what it was. And I did get a response to my follow-up email the next day, after I'd posted here.