Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who would sign up for this cure?

pffft listen to you guys... Miley Cyrus is the body for me.

A 'Head Job' may soon have a new meaning...

Very interesting though...

Blog Entries
    I fully see this as a potential real cure for us!
    As it presently stands, currently the ONLY POTENTIAL CURE THAT'S GOT AN ACTUAL TIMEFRAME.
    I mean how cool is that? No other therapy can make that claim. All the therapies don't address their procedures in real time, or as anything other than theory at the moment. This can be the real deal. I wonder where the senior brainiacs of this forum weigh in on this? Controversial for sure, but if it is viable how can it be ignored?
    I just hope that when it comes time for this to be really tested that it's not shut down because of politics or religion.

Blog Entries

Geeze, years ago this comment would have been bombarded

Quote Originally Posted by Tim C. View Post
    I fully see this as a potential real cure for us!
    As it presently stands, currently the ONLY POTENTIAL CURE THAT'S GOT AN ACTUAL TIMEFRAME.
    I mean how cool is that? No other therapy can make that claim. All the therapies don't address their procedures in real time, or as anything other than theory at the moment. This can be the real deal. I wonder where the senior brainiacs of this forum weigh in on this? Controversial for sure, but if it is viable how can it be ignored?
    I just hope that when it comes time for this to be really tested that it's not shut down because of politics or religion.
    Geeze, years ago this comment would have been bombarded with a hundred responses either supporting or suggesting I'm half crazed Dr Frankenstein.
    Either CC has truly been decimated in favor of another website, or "all the show and no go" over the years in this forum has created a sense of apathy in the CC members.
    Which is it?

I don't think it's apathy, just realism.

The doctor wants to be famous.

Here's his TEDxLimassol talk where the theme was 'Everything you know is wrong"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV5pOO5Mt64

At about the 4:10 mark he picks up a banana, mushes it in his hand, drops it on the floor and proclaims "This is spinal cord injury". Then he takes another banana and slices it through with a sharp knife claiming that this is much better and less damage has been done. The later method is what he's going to use to sever the heads of both the body donor and the head donor before rejoining them. What if the donor head's spinal cord has already been mushed like the first banana for years?

After re-joining the head to a donor body, he's going to pump Propylene Glycol (the main ingredient in E-Cigs) into the spinal cord to make the surgically severed nerves grow together. This has only previously been tried in rats? Maybe we'll add E-stim. Or something else. Then comes a medically induced coma for weeks and weeks and weeks.

Here's his quote from an interview in http://www.newscientist.com/article/...VO-HQCzX51p%20

He's hedging.

"This is why I first spoke about the idea two years ago, to get people talking about it," he says. "If society doesn't want it, I won't do it. But if people don't want it in the US or Europe, that doesn't mean it won't be done somewhere else. I'm trying to go about this the right way, but before going to the moon, you want to make sure people will follow you."

If they don't want me to transplant heads, then I won't transplant heads. Or maybe I'll transplant the heads somewhere less fussy about evidence based medicine.

And all this press has gotten him invited to give the keynote speech at the American Academy of Neurologic and Orthopedic Surgeons this June.
    http://aanos.org/meetings/next-meeting/

So that will be June 2015 and he still has to find a country that will let him do the surgery by 2017. Isn't removing a head from a body that's still alive considered murder in most developed countries?

He's estimating the cost of the procedure to be 12.8 million dollars. Start Crowdfunding today.
    Last edited by 2drwhofans; 03-08-2015 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim C. View Post
    Geeze, years ago this comment would have been bombarded with a hundred responses either supporting or suggesting I'm half crazed Dr Frankenstein.
    Either CC has truly been decimated in favor of another website, or "all the show and no go" over the years in this forum has created a sense of apathy in the CC members.
    Which is it?

Good comment, I believe it's "all the show and no go"...our community has seen much scientific tough talk with nothing ever coming to fruition so we are starting to take everything with a giant grain of salt
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Maybe the reality that a phase I has significant time to treat then gather data. There was next to zero comments at the Asterias (Geron of old) study opening for recruitment this past week.

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    Good comment, I believe it's "all the show and no go"...our community has seen much scientific tough talk with nothing ever coming to fruition so we are starting to take everything with a giant grain of salt

Because that trials not exciting...

For the audience here I think trials or trials for the chronic injury get a lot of blood pumping unless clearly designed to begin in acutes them move into treatment for chronic.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcM View Post
    Because that trials not exciting...

Blog Entries
    You gotta admit, it's cool, and you know at some point it will be tried in China.