Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2015 was hoping for a repair for SCI

2015 was hoping for a repair for SCI

I keep on coming back every once in a blue moon hoping to hear somebody found a repair for this injured C-3 complete 18 years? I see everybody is making some type of advances, but I guess it's come to time to face reality. It's not going to happen in this lifetime. Only 48 still great health and shape. Still doing what I can to enjoy life. But this dream of taking a shower by myself sitting on the toilet by myself. Doesn't look like it's going to ever be here. I keep on making donations to multiple people for a repair. Will we ever hear the word, we can get chronic SCI people walking again? Or should I just come to terms and say this is it. Thanks for listening or reading.
    keiffer66

Keith,
    There is more research than ever going on. Sadly things have progressed less than they could have due to money, political, and other issues. Under the best of circumstances this kind of research is slow. Wish I could tell you that a breakthrough is imminent. Regrettably there is no way of knowing when that will be. You seem to be hanging in there very well, especially considering that you are a C-3. There is not much we can do but remain hopeful and patient.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

First I'd like to say that 18 years at C3 is amazing you must be very strong and have excellent care. You have held out hope a lot longer than me. I hung in for about the first 8-10 years then forgot about it. I really feel that at some poi9nt in the future "New Injuries" will be cured right away at time of injury but as for me, with my chronic injury it will not happen in my lifetime.

I compare it to something like Polio if you got it you lived out your life with it but if you were vaccinated and never got it you were o.k. and now it has been eradicated.
    ^^(A)^^

Quote Originally Posted by SCIfor55yrs. View Post
    Keith,
    There is more research than ever going on. Sadly things have progressed less than they could have due to money, political, and other issues. Under the best of circumstances this kind of research is slow. Wish I could tell you that a breakthrough is imminent. Regrettably there is no way of knowing when that will be. You seem to be hanging in there very well, especially considering that you are a C-3. There is not much we can do but remain hopeful and patient.
    Well said!

I don't understand how acutes are easier to fix. The immune system is still responding ... inflammation etc. I'm starting to give up hope too though. I just wanted a bladder fix! Wasn't asking for much!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

I gave up years ago. Our system is not set up to fine a cure where there is not a big money motivator in. You got a lot of college professors and such working off grants. They fine the cure its not going to change their lifestyle. The best scientist work for large pharmaceuticals and other industries. Fine a cure for ebola or something worth their time. Why should a guy working on a cure for SCI get up every day at 6am and work till the late hours on a cure. Their income won't change.

Want a cure. We need a go getter to raise money of a 100 million dollars and leave it in escrow for the scientist or team that finds the cure. That team is not going to need to share info. They won't have time to look at because they'll be discovery the cure.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRainman View Post
    I gave up years ago. Our system is not set up to fine a cure where there is not a big money motivator in. You got a lot of college professors and such working off grants. They fine the cure its not going to change their lifestyle. The best scientist work for large pharmaceuticals and other industries. Fine a cure for ebola or something worth their time. Why should a guy working on a cure for SCI get up every day at 6am and work till the late hours on a cure. Their income won't change.
    Just goes to show that you know zero about the man who started this website, very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Just goes to show that you know zero about the man who started this website, very sad.
    Wide Young & Co rock.

I got the upmost respect for Dr. Young. I have no doubt he's done everything possible to fine the cure in his thinking. But the prove is in the statistics and its not happening. His mind is wired to liberal thinking and ways and that is not going to find the cure. We need greed to find this cure. Money talks, everything else is BS.

The cure for Ebola took a decade, and it was greed that made it happen. If it was left to college professors and grants it would never been solved.

Agreed with Rainman. Yes hopes from Wise are huge but dont know why delays.