Thread: Mandatory statement of users affiliations of spinal cord related vocations.

Lightbulb Mandatory statement of users affiliations of spinal cord related vocations.

I think it would be helpful to understand various user's affiliations with organizations or companies. I think when we're reading various posts, if we know where the user generates monetary or other information it provides us greater context to know where they are deriving their information and opinions from.

For example, I find it very helpful to read the postings of a Project Walk employee ? because I know that this person has experience with working with people with spinal cord injury and I highly rated rehabilation facility.

In the cure forum, certain treatments are promoted but it is hard to know if the info is direct or a second hand interpretation.

Any thoughts on this request?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz19 View Post
    I think it would be helpful to understand various user's affiliations with organizations or companies. I think when we're reading various posts, if we know where the user generates monetary or other information it provides us greater context to know where they are deriving their information and opinions from.

For example, I find it very helpful to read the postings of a Project Walk employee ? because I know that this person has experience with working with people with spinal cord injury and I highly rated rehabilation facility.

In the cure forum, certain treatments are promoted but it is hard to know if the info is direct or a second hand interpretation.

Any thoughts on this request?
    Sorry, I think your idea won't be implemented, because I believe Dr. Young wanted allow users to remain anonymous in order to ask very personal questions without fear of embarrassment. Of course, with anonymity, comes people who use it to express their childish side and vent anger over their condition.

I think a good rule of thumb is that if a person is spreading information behind an anonymous user name or empty profile then he/she should not be trusted.