Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Smartdrive new model?

Hmmm. Info about the MX2 has been removed from that site. I thought with the expo being this week there'd be more not less.

Quote Originally Posted by mishahu View Post
    Hmmm. Info about the MX2 has been removed from that site. I thought with the expo being this week there'd be more not less.
    Showing it (if they are) does not mean it is available yet.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Max Mobility told me it will be available around May.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Regarding "Showing it (if they are) ..." - the manufacturer has dedicated significant resources to show the MX2 at regional expositions and at the recent 2015 ISS (International Seating Symposium) in Nashville, TN. The manufacturer has also produced, and is selectively distributing, a color brochure to exhibit the MX2's features.

Regarding MX2 availability - Lin is correct - the manufacturer is anticipating FDA approval around May of this year.

Not sure where that leaves me. I need a mobility solution that the MX1+ will provide, but the MX2 features will provide better. From the brief preview we had, it should answer some of the issues I found in my trial of MX1+.

To wait or not to wait. I'm in an export market (Australia) and the distributor claims to know nothing about a new release.

Also, I tried to call Max Mobility but the 1800 number can't be called from Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by mishahu View Post
    Also, I tried to call Max Mobility but the 1800 number can't be called from Australia.
    Go old school and have a look in the front of your paper telephone directory. If it's anything like ours (New Zealand) it should tell you how to get through to a US toll-free number--at standard international toll rates, of course! You could also try googling for instructions. There's bound to be a way, if you're prepared to pay. Unless it's specifically blocked at the other end, I suppose.

My neighbor, who travels a lot on business suggests:

Try dialing 000-911 first.
    When prompted, dial 1-800-and the rest of the numbers.

Re-invented the wheel!!

Ok, got back from the so cal abilities expo last night. Was able to test drive the second gen system...... Awesome!!!! If you are in the market..... wait for second generation...

Quote Originally Posted by jakeyboy1 View Post
    Ok, got back from the so cal abilities expo last night. Was able to test drive the second gen system...... Awesome!!!! If you are in the market..... wait for second generation...
    If you make a statement like that, back it up with reasons. Added weight of the drive unit can be a drawback for many.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.