Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Smartdrive new model?

Just sharing what I read, guys... obviously nothing is official until MM makes it so.

-scott-

Understood - the reply was offered in the same spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by WC_Sage View Post
    -scott-

Regarding the MX2's range (as referenced in Alan's Facebook post), the MX1+ uses an approximately 10.0 Ahr battery whereas the MX2 uses an approximately 3.4 Ahr battery. The Ahr ratio (3.4/10.0) alone does not reveal all of the relevant details, but the MX2 does indeed have a substantially diminished range when compared to the MX1+.
    Where did the 3.4 AH number come from?

I have one of these Clean Republic 6.6 AH batteries: http://www.electric-bike-kit.com/lit...erymodule.aspx Note that it is only 2lbs 3oz and about 6x3x2 inches in size. Actually I got an earlier version, slightly heavier at 3 lbs and different dimensions but still small. These battery packs are made up of a bunch of cells that look like AA alkalines. So they could be arranged to fit the unique shape of the MX2, which would also drive up the cost.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

I have a SmartDrive I'd consider selling, PM me if interested.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

nonoise,

Regarding "Where did the 3.4 AH number come from?" - the technical support department at Max-Mobility.

Quote Originally Posted by WC_Sage View Post
    nonoise,

Regarding "Where did the 3.4 AH number come from?" - the technical support department at Max-Mobility.
    That is disappointing. When I talked to Carla back when this was just a rumor, I gathered that the battery pack was more like mine based on weight. I'll type something out which you probably know.
    Depending which lithium type they are using, each cell could have a full charge of 4.2 volts (LiMn and LiCo). That means 7 cells have to be wired in series to achieve 29.4 volts for a nominal 24 volt full charge and the reported 3.4 AH. Bigger batteries would have the same setup, but they have more of these sets of 7 series cells wired together in a parallel fashion to achieve the same voltage, but more AH, such as double, and triple. Triple is what the MX1+ probably is but it's charger says 29.2
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

So, the new model only goes for 5 miles or less, and how much will it weigh?
    A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    Who said it only goes 5 miles or less?

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Who said it only goes 5 miles or less?
    I think wtf did the math. But we do not have statistics in front of us on their website or performance history of the unit.

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    I was told the MX2 weighs in at 13#.