Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Smartdrive new model?

will be soon, I talked to Mark last week. good you waited, no tradeups on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    John - let me know when the new one is available? I want one now, but I can wait for a new version. tia
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Yeah, that's what Mark told me. He says it isn't an upgrade but a different unit so I could not upgrade to it with a trade-in and payment. I understand. Mark has been great to me. Everyone there has been so nice and they've really stood behind the SD I have. I don't know when I could afford to buy the new one but in the meantime my current SmartDrive is such an incredible help. Some days I don't know what I'd do without it. Thank you Mark for inventing it.

Hello, my name is Aaron. First time poster. I came across this thread while researching the smart drive. I have been in a manual chair all my life and in the process of getting a new one. With this new chair I wanted to also look into getting some kind of assist device. My rep recommended this and have been doing research ever since. While looking last night I came across this video that looks like it maybe the MX2. Unfortunately it is in a different language but gives a decent visual representation it looks like. Just wanted to post and get other members opinions on it. Specifically the wristband. I was pretty iffy on it to begin with and haven't really seen anything to change my mind. Granted there is not a whole lot on the video in this regard. The button portion starts at about the 3:00 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3HY8T4T8O8

Aaron

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    nice video.
    Love the dudes segway chair

And the carbon fibre wheel guards, reflectors.

That anti flip guard that tucks out the way when not being used is also a nice touch.

any one know which segway chair that is ?

Quote Originally Posted by abcoltsfan View Post
    Hello, my name is Aaron. First time poster. I came across this thread while researching the smart drive. I have been in a manual chair all my life and in the process of getting a new one. With this new chair I wanted to also look into getting some kind of assist device. My rep recommended this and have been doing research ever since. While looking last night I came across this video that looks like it maybe the MX2. Unfortunately it is in a different language but gives a decent visual representation it looks like. Just wanted to post and get other members opinions on it. Specifically the wristband. I was pretty iffy on it to begin with and haven't really seen anything to change my mind. Granted there is not a whole lot on the video in this regard. The button portion starts at about the 3:00 mark.

Aaron

The segway guy has been on here before. I recognize him at least, x2 chair?
    MX2 has more buttons and lights than I thought. I wonder if it has a "gas gauge".
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Just 2 buttons; one on the drive and one on the wristband. I understand the lights do indicate battery life.

Apart from the descriptions above, I don't think you can get a good idea of the wristband action until you try it. No doubt someone will produce a video that depicts it in more detail.

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    will be soon, I talked to Mark last week. good you waited, no tradeups on this one.
    seen on facebook...

actually. this hasn't been worked on yet. its a thought, they are hoping to work on later this year. nothing in stone

Quote Originally Posted by -scott- View Post
    seen on facebook...

Last edited by fuentejps; 06-22-2015 at 09:40 AM.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by abcoltsfan View Post

Aaron
    Tried the SmartDrive w/the new wristband last weekend @the Abilities Expo in Chicago. It worked great & the wristband seems very intuitive. Will see what my insurance company says...

-scott-

Regarding the MX2's range (as referenced in Alan's Facebook post), the MX1+ uses an approximately 10.0 Ahr battery whereas the MX2 uses an approximately 3.4 Ahr battery. The Ahr ratio (3.4/10.0) alone does not reveal all of the relevant details, but the MX2 does indeed have a substantially diminished range when compared to the MX1+.