Thread: Non tramatic SCI

Non tramatic SCI

Has anyone suffered paralysis from infectious lesions that attacked the spinal cord?

Hmmm...that's tough to answer. There is evidence (see www.cpnhelp.com) that implies that SOME cases of TM and MS may actually be the result of an infection by Chadomyphila Pneumonia bacteria which causes "lesions" on the spinal cord. The treatment is long term use of several antibiotics.

Do you have a diagnosis? or are you being worked up by a neurologist that has seen lesions on your spinal cord? MS as well as other neurological diseases can have that presentation. What a neurologist will do is also look at the presentation of symptoms displayed. Mobility, sensory, cognition... Along with radiological images, put the infor together and come up with a diagnosis.

pbr

I am paralyzed from a transverse myelitis lesion. I have MS.

You can get Transverse Myelitis (TM) additionally with the diagnosis of MS.
    Yes it can cause paralysis as can MS.

this website may have some support groups or boards where you can ask questions specifically to TM.

pbr

https://myelitis.org/symptoms-condit...erse-myelitis/

Transverse myelitis (TM) is a rare inflammatory disease causing injury to the spinal cord with varying degrees of weakness, sensory alterations, and autonomic dysfunction (the part of the nervous system that controls involuntary activity, such as the heart, breathing, the digestive system, and reflexes). The first cases of acute myelitis were described in 1882 and were attributed to vascular lesions and acute inflammatory events.

I had an intramedullary abscess that caused my incomplete paralysis 12 years ago. I ended up with a diagnosis of incomplete quad and all that goes with it. Very rare they tell me.