Thread: low profile Roho with seat taper

low profile Roho with seat taper

So my new chair that should be arriving soon has a 2" seat taper at the front, 15" wide at the back and 13" at the front.
    My DME emailed me earlier and has not made things very clear but suggests I give the go ahead for a regular size low profile 17" long x 15" wide (no front end taper)
    Anyone have any past experience with Roho making a tapered cushion??

Thanks for any info,
    roller

***edit*** I stand corrected
    Last edited by funklab; 02-24-2015 at 03:40 PM. Reason: I was wrong

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    So my new chair that should be arriving soon has a 2" seat taper at the front, 15" wide at the back and 13" at the front.
    My DME emailed me earlier and has not made things very clear but suggests I give the go ahead for a regular size low profile 17" long x 15" wide (no front end taper)
    Anyone have any past experience with Roho making a tapered cushion??

Thanks for any info,

roller

why cushion with same width than chair? an more in case like yours, that is an air cushion that willl expand to sides once you are sit on it.
    Sure your dealer want to sell you the cushion his got at stock and want to get it out.

I think Supracor could make a tapared cushion, if not, just look for a cushion which give you a possibility of a 14" wide

I sit on Supracor all the time. A Sport. They will cut it to whatever dimensions you want. I do not know what they then do regarding the cover. They ever taper/trim toe top.

Check out the varilite zoid, it has only 1" taper but that works out at just 1/2" overhang per side... Not too problematic. My chair has a 2" taper and I also have a stimulite sport they 'forgot' to trim, and that's very difficult to use sometimes, and it looks silly. I'm sure if it were properly cut it would be okay. I definitely do not recommend getting one that is smaller than your seat width, as most don't spread out an appreciable distance, roho being the exception, and many have adductor ridges that could cause major problems if stuck under your thighs.

thanks for the responses guys. In my head it wouldn't be hard to create the Roho but when I consider the tooling involved, it becomes a very expensive cushion. I will probably take a look at Supracor, I do like their cushions

Roller, I'm with ROHO and we have no problem designing a ROHO cushion with the taper to fit your chair. It would not be "chunky" as someone suggested, as this is a custom design that we build on a frequent basis. Why don't you send me your contact information, and I'll follow up with you offline on this topic.

Thank you,

Tom Borcherding
    ROHO Inc.
    tomb@roho.com

Roller, I'm with ROHO and we have no problem designing a ROHO cushion with the taper to fit your chair. It would not be "chunky" as someone suggested, as this is a custom design that we build on a frequent basis. Why don't you send me your contact information, and I'll follow up with you offline on this topic.

Thank you,

Tom Borcherding
    ROHO Inc.
    tomb@roho.com