Thread: How many workouts a week ?

How many workouts a week ?

Im a c5/c6 incomplete quad.. Ive been doing 30 min hand bike, hand pullys - 40min

and stretching for 15min

how much is too much I feel exhausted..

You need to take into account how long have you been injured before starting exercise. My opinion, there is no such thing as to much. If you account for things like this and others, you can always determine what your body is capable of at the current time. From that point, you can then build from there. Need to keep thinking can always do a little more. It is far easier to create plan in which you are capable of physically completing. Mentally that should help you keep motivated. Over time, you can build from that. I just recently found that stretching while sitting on side of bed right before I am ready to go to sleep for the day, does wonders.

Quote Originally Posted by rlmtrhmiles View Post
    You need to take into account how long have you been injured before starting exercise. My opinion, there is no such thing as to much. If you account for things like this and others, you can always determine what your body is capable of at the current time. From that point, you can then build from there. Need to keep thinking can always do a little more. It is far easier to create plan in which you are capable of physically completing. Mentally that should help you keep motivated. Over time, you can build from that. I just recently found that stretching while sitting on side of bed right before I am ready to go to sleep for the day, does wonders.
    I totally agree. But I would switch up the exercises from day to day. And max out each day.

I do what I consider one workout a week, which is either hand cycling (usually) or paddling & I can pedal for about 3-4hrs = this is all on top of daily metalwork, and it kicks my ass daily.

Even the switching like you are saying, for me was overloading it. I really had to break it down into miniscule pieces. Now so long after, my crazy body decided give it a try just free-standing. That nonsense started working for a couple seconds and is increasing. Whenever I tried that before, my knees collapsed. Things magically continue working and it drives me crazy. Do I quit? Or do I keep giving it a try?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRainman View Post
    I totally agree. But I would switch up the exercises from day to day. And max out each day.

Quote Originally Posted by rlmtrhmiles View Post
    Even the switching like you are saying, for me was overloading it. I really had to break it down into miniscule pieces. Now so long after, my crazy body decided give it a try just free-standing. That nonsense started working for a couple seconds and is increasing. Whenever I tried that before, my knees collapsed. Things magically continue working and it drives me crazy. Do I quit? Or do I keep giving it a try?
    If you found something that's working keep at it. I have found that its much harder for gains and much easier to lose those gains with rest. I really think you must workout every day. And I try to max out what ever muscle I work that day.

I definitely agree much harder for gain and very easy to lose. I think no matter what, you better keep at it and then attempt gain. I broke a femur last year. Crazy doctor and rehab tells me 6-8 weeks. Hell, more like 6-8 months just to get back to where I was. I will say, they did say I should be better. That finally appears to be true. I have quit multiple times. Everything just goes down the toilet. Keep in mind there is mental progress that goes along the with physical. Demise works just the same.