Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Need advice on ordering Tilite TR3 and COG

How about moving to a 19" depth cushion? Have you tried one out? In the photos of you in your current chair it really looks like you need more seat depth.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

As for the suggestion of going to a 19" cushion, keep in mind he is changing the angle of the front of his chair also.

We all have what we like that may differ from others. For me, if I get too much seat sag my back hurts. When I have them tightened up and my back immediately starts to feel better. I use the cushion for a "dish" for the butt. I have found that with the tension adjustable seat straps they need tightened every couple weeks for the first few months when new. I still think a TRA may be a great way to go, but also don't think you'd regret going down a little.

I think it is a great idea to try and get both a 17" and 16" chair. This chair is a lot of money and you use it all day, it makes your life much better to have it fit you the best you can.

I would ask for a clarification on requesting a 9" footplate. My footplate doesn't go all the way to the inside of the bars, the actual plate is smaller than 11", but the width inside the bars is the 11" I ordered.

I would think an 18.25" cushion would fit the 18" seat just fine in the front by simply letting a 1/4" hang off the back. I have a 17" cushion on a 16" deep seat and it is flush with the front, hangs over in the back.

Excellent to hear about fixing your footrest height.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

I completely agree, thats why I ask if its something he's tried. What works for one person doesn't work for the next. From the photos though it looks as if his depth is much too short for his body. It may be his preference and what works best for him, or he may have never tried any more depth.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Togs, here's some screen captures of your existing chair. A few guessed dimensions are a bit off (e.g., bottom frame tubing); I will tweak them some. Sorry I'm not further along:
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 225
Size:  58.1 KBName:  Capture1.JPG
Views: 230
Size:  31.3 KBName:  Capture2.JPG
Views: 230
Size:  34.3 KBName:  Capture3.JPG
Views: 225
Size:  29.3 KBName:  Capture4.JPG
Views: 231
Size:  31.5 KB
    Last edited by chasmengr; 02-25-2015 at 02:23 AM.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Making progress . . .

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 208
Size:  54.6 KB
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

I've overlayed your current and new chairs within CAD. I'll make a movie very soon so you can see the comparison better. Meanwhile here are two screen shots of your new chair:

Name:  New01.JPG
Views: 189
Size:  48.8 KB
    Name:  New02.JPG
Views: 184
Size:  49.7 KB
    Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Here is a video. As you're watching, check the measurements for correctness. TiLite doesn't publish how they determine caster placement, so I guessed. The new chair is green:

Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Did Tilite change shape of bar along backrest? I see your drawing is mult-angle. I did just receive a new chair a few weeks ago. Has bar like your drawing. However, few years ago when I got my TR3, that was a single oval. As for overall dimension of chair, I do not sit specifically snug everywhere. My primary reason for that is, I do NOT want the chair doing everything for me, that my body may be able to do. This in course of hoping I will be able to walk There are pros and cons to all of these things. Make sure you have evaluated all of them and made your best decision.

The standard backrest bar on the TR3 is now oval. The 4" backrest bar (TRSB12) is the old shape (like I drew), which TogsT8 indicated he might want, and which I ordered on my new chair. (My drawings are not perfect, they're for comparison of primary dimensions of a current versus proposed new chair.)

Name:  TRSB12.JPG
Views: 166
Size:  26.3 KB
    Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

You should look at adjustable chairs. If your current chair had one or two measurements that needed tweaking, it would be one thing, but you're so far off that there's very little chance of you "nailing it" with another custom, fully welded frame.

Why would you want to sit in a chair that's over 2" wider than your hips? Put two books on either side of your hips, and measure in between - that's how wide your chair should be, and you should get side guards.

Seat to floor is a number of inches too high, and your seat looks like it's way too flat.