Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ti lite TR with rear suspension

Blog Entries
    I'm not an engineer, either, but I do own an Icon, and use one every day. The suspension is easily setup so that it doesn't compress under the force of a normal push stroke, yet, does compress when it encounters a sudden high pressure spike, like a bump. There are adjustments to the compression threshold, rebound rate, and preload which allow a wide range of operating parameters. It's far from just a simple "moving part". It does not have to move unless it hits a bump, if you don't want it to.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

thanks guys. I'm going to definitely look into the Icon. I'm going to ask my therapist if I can sample one, I'm hoping they will be at the Los Angeles abilities expo in a few weeks.

Blog Entries
    Mike,

The Icon is amazing, almost infinitely adjustable, and the customer service is the best I have seen. If Jeff Adams is at the Expo, take some time to talk to him and try out the Icon.
    Last edited by Donno; 02-20-2015 at 04:49 PM. Reason: grammar
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

@MikeG - send me an email to jeff@iconwheelchairs.com if you'd like me to try to see about a demo for you.

There are different directions and types of force and movement. You can have no affect on forward movement, but have an up and down (shock) movement when required.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.