Thread: hand controls question

hand controls question

I need hand controls for a 2003 GMC Sonoma. Does anyone know if the Monarch Mark 1 A type will fit? I'd prefer the solid mount type. I've never used portables but might consider them if they mount solid enough and have the down for throttle, forward for brake action.
    Thanks

They are all the same and can be fitted to any car, but you'll need the proper mounting bracket. The controls are pretty easy to find on ebay, finding the right bracket is the hard part.

The universal stuff works just as fine also whether hose-clamp style or erector-set angle brackets. Check out MPD brand controls, I like them more than Monarchs, JMHO

I have a set of Monarchs that were in a 2002 Bravada, if the mounts are the same, I will sell them to you. I would bet the mount is the same.

Monarchs should work you will probably have to get a different brake push rod. Those are usually either longer or shorter depending on vehicle. I used to sell modified vehicles. All you do have to do is go to Monarchs website put in dealer locator put in your zip code. They will give you a list of numbers and call and see if they are compatible good luck

I'll see if I can find a dealer and ask them. If yours will fit Skogy I'd be interested, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Skogy View Post
    I have a set of Monarchs that were in a 2002 Bravada, if the mounts are the same, I will sell them to you. I would bet the mount is the same.
    I thought they'd be the same too but they said the mount and handle are different and would need to be changed.