Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what exactly is a camber plug

what exactly is a camber plug

I almost done with my order but I have a item that says cambers plug adj rear wheel ? please some advice. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by danita72 View Post
    I almost done with my order but I have a item that says cambers plug adj rear wheel ? please some advice. thanks
    The camber plug is the end piece that fits into the camber tube. On a TiLite, the camber plug has a pre-measured angle: 0?, 2?, 4?, etc.

Here is a picture of TiLite's Zero Play camber plug.

can you change just the plugs? mine has 2 degrees and i want to try 0 but dont want to buy a new CF tube, as im thinking of getting 0 degrees on my new chair. to me it looks like it might be glued in position :/

Quote Originally Posted by rAdGie View Post
    can you change just the plugs? mine has 2 degrees and i want to try 0 but dont want to buy a new CF tube, as im thinking of getting 0 degrees on my new chair. to me it looks like it might be glued in position :/
    TiLite's and similarly designed camber plugs are forever. They are glued in and are NOT interchangeable.

My rugby chair had reversible camber plugs.

I have a 0 camber on my chair and the rehab tech order the 1" rear wheel spacing and also the adjustable rear wheel spacing camber plugs and confused me

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    TiLite's and similarly designed camber plugs are forever. They are glued in and are NOT interchangeable.
    And if some idiot...let's say hypothetically a technician from the company which is supposed to do all the maintenance of government-funded wheelchairs in your area...should BREAK that glue, presumably by drastically over-tightening while attempting to do...who knows what...to your Quickie, the result is serious (and variable!) toe for which the only remedy is a brand new camber bar. Ask me how I know. :-|

Order the standard "adjustable" camber plugs if you could conceivably want to change wheel spacing in the future, say to accommodate chunkier tyres or to slim down your chair by a few mils.

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    So could you order a new axle with different camber plugs and just swap out the whole axle to gain a different camber etc ?

What kind of price would a ti-lite axle with camber tubes set you back $$$$ ?

Quote Originally Posted by NW-Will View Post
    So could you order a new axle with different camber plugs and just swap out the whole axle to gain a different camber etc ?

Stephan ordered one for me from TiLite. I think it was under a hundred.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by NW-Will View Post

Yes. You simply order a new camber tube with your preferred camber setting, and swap it in using your existing mounts. One of the more disastrous modifications to get wrong, but not too difficult for the technically-minded person to get right. Important to get a tube of the correct length, but that isn't a problem if you know your chair's serial number.

I would presume that the cost would be in the same ballpark as ordering a second camber tube with a new chair, presumably--about US$100 for aluminium, $225 for titanium or carbon fibre. You'd have to consult a TiLite dealer.