Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 13 years

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcM View Post
    Listen man, I want to clarify something in order to do so I have to be honest. And the honest truth is I don't respect you for living in a chair so long, nor would I anyone else for that reason be it 2 days or 100 years. But in our dealings in the past, you have described many things you've done that I do respect you for, your generous donations and effort towards the cause would be one. But I don't actually know you, so either way it probably doesn't mean anything. Anyways many of times, you have described we'll say mission pointless, delusional, something that will pass etc

I am not looking for respect James. I am just sharing some experiences and wisdom that we survivors are inclined to do for you and others. The "others" are important because some who read your posts may be newbies. They have a right to know that yours is not the only act in town. You will not get rid of me easily. As you know I have staying power. lol

For chronic's I agree, acutes not so much. Axons are still alive and well, let's see how invivos scaffolding trial goes. I believe they'll see quite a difference, and that will just be the start. And neither one of us can say if disabilities will be eLimited from this world in the future (or at least treatable), so let's hold off on claiming who's reality is real lol. Laugh if you like James. Perhaps you have over looked the fact that I am a retired research faculty member in the school of medicine in my back yard. I do know what is going on in the research world and its implications. As an emeritus professor I continue guide these researchers from the laboratory through the political gates at the NIH and elsewhere. There are aspects of research that cannot be rushed and patience is a virtue. Few things happen in one "aha" moment. Finding ways to treat SCI is a marathon, not a sprint.

Was on my great depression thread. We went on for quite a while people didn't start surviving from SCI till the late 40s. Then I went on about social collapse, and how the disabled would be screwed, and you argued that fact. Not important though, let me ask you this do you believe something like that is near?
    If serious measures to address the problems have not been implemented by mid-century there will be a mad scramble for survival during the second half. I presented some of the evidence in the Political Forum a while back.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Agreed on marathon point. SO, have you heard anything on the acute scaffolding trial? What about the work that's starting in Russia with RMx biometrix scaffolding with autologous neural cell? Sounds very promising, but who knows. That combined with epidural stimulation hmm? Also I hear something very promising for MS is in the works in Ottawa, I have no details.

Interesting in your opinion what would be the main problems?

Quote Originally Posted by rlmtrhmiles View Post
    I not sure how these dogs can differentiate disabled from non-disabled, but they are really good at it.
    The first night I had her, I took her for a walk, fed her old food mixed with her new (wet food was a treat!) and proceeded to get into bed. She watched me with her head cocked to one side and then started to lick my leg like she knew exactly what was wrong and why I lifted myself into bed instead of standing etc. They know!

Back to the pissing contest ... lol ...
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcM View Post
    Agreed on marathon point. SO, have you heard anything on the acute scaffolding trial? What about the work that's starting in Russia with RMx biometrix scaffolding with autologous neural cell? Sounds very promising, but who knows. That combined with epidural stimulation hmm? Also I hear something very promising for MS is in the works in Ottawa, I have no details.

Interesting in your opinion what would be the main problems?
    I have no opinion. I have not read the research proposals on which the studies are based. The projects were all approved by panels of experts who determined that the projects are doable and have reasonable chance for success. However, in this kind of research unexpected problems often turn up along the way. I do not have a crystal ball that would enable me to provide any unique insight.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

I'm glad I stumbled back onto this site (Carecure) tonight.
    I've been sick and mighty depressed for a few days.
    But reading this thread lifted my spirit.
    lynnifer's talk of her dog mixed in with the other back and forth made me smile and even laugh.

I am sorry for everyone's pain. I'm glad there is a mix here, that includes life-affirming stuff.
    Rich