Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you do anything???

Actually I'm glad you asked what I do. I am a paid answer man I get $5 an answer that will be $5 please if you have other questions we can work out a package deal.

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    You could go all Zen on him and say "I am pure awareness in stillness, there is nothing to do and no where to go but be here now, .....how about you?".
    I like that answer better than mine.

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    You could go all Zen on him and say "I am pure awareness in stillness, there is nothing to do and no where to go but be here now, .....how about you?".
    Love this answer. I have no time for people like that over a lifetime of stupid questions (12-42). I just ignore them and make them feel as idiotic as possible with just a look. It's become so much easier to tune these people out.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Haha, gotta love the stereotypes, eh? Anyone notice that you typically get this question out of people that you think or later find out for sure are 'not doing anything'?

These are not stupid questions, they are completely justifiable. For an able-bodied person to ask a quadriplegic what do you do with your time, is completely reasonable. Sheesh, if that's a stupid question, then it would be completely retarded for a Canadian to ask what the third most populated city in India is. Get it because the average Canadian wouldn't know the answer to that, because it's completely IRRELEVANT to their life, ergo completely justified question.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcM View Post
    These are not stupid questions, they are completely justifiable. For an able-bodied person to ask a quadriplegic what do you do with your time, is completely reasonable. Sheesh, if that's a stupid question, then it would be completely retarded for a Canadian to ask what the third most populated city in India is. Get it because the average Canadian wouldn't know the answer to that, because it's completely IRRELEVANT to their life, ergo completely justified question.

You're right, its a valid question to ask. I think WheelieMike didn't have an issue with the question itself but with the way it was asked. I wouldn't mind someone asking what I do but if they would ask me if I do anything I'd let them have it. If people don't know how to ask something they should let it boil in their head until they figure out proper way to form a question. I hate when people try to bring me down with their dumb questions thinking they're better and smarter part of the society because they can walk and ask dumb ass questions.

Ok resonable, but everyone of us is guilty of opening are mouths and bothering someone from time to time. And we arnt exactly a large portion of the population, like I said for most ABs it's irrelevant. And I know of many quads that are bedridden, and/ or don't leave the house because of illness or pain, social anxiety etc. Or just choice not to leave for various reasons usually to avoid hassles or inconvenience for themselves and/ or others. As well as many high complete quads that lack the now unfortunately necessary "resources" to go out often! Any of the above isn't exactly unheard of even for paras. So honest truth is that kind of question isn't totally without merit!