Thread: WTB Travel Shower Chair with Cut-Out

WTB Travel Shower Chair with Cut-Out

I'm looking to buy a used travel shower chair with a cut-out. Does anyone have one they would like to sell? Or does anyone know of one that is not too expensive (less than $350)?

Thanks!

Hi JennyB.

I have been using a padded sliding shower bench for the past 8 years. I chose not to get one without the cut out, but it comes either way. I use it daily and have taken it on many extended trips. If you don't need one with wheels this might work. Mine cost around $150 and with a little research I'm sure you could find one close to that price. The design is very universal. It can be used with a tub or a roll in shower. It can also be turned around if you find a bathroom setup that is different and we all know that no 2 hotels are the same even within the same chain. The height can also be easily adjusted.

Below you will find a website that will give you an idea of what it looks like. I do have pics of my own that I would gladly share, but at the moment they are on my computer. Send me a pm if you are interested in seeing them and I will gladly share them with you.
    http://www.amazon.com/Transfer-Bench...d+shower+chair

Sincerely,
    Janet

Thanks, Janet! I was looking for one that folds up to fit in a travel bag that I can check onto an airplane. It doesn't look like this one does, but maybe I'm wrong? Do you fly with this chair? Thanks, again. -Jen

For traveling I use the same one referenced by yojama above. I had to cut the sliding tubes to fit in a very small shower in Hawaii so I now have both long and short versions. It does not fold but does disassemble easily without requiring tools. I travel with it in a rolling duffel bag, leaving plenty of space for caths and other stuff. I try to make that bag all medical so the airlines don't charge for it.
    Last edited by endo_aftermath; 03-09-2015 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Correct spelling

Quote Originally Posted by JennyB View Post
    Thanks, Janet! I was looking for one that folds up to fit in a travel bag that I can check onto an airplane. It doesn't look like this one does, but maybe I'm wrong? Do you fly with this chair? Thanks, again. -Jen
    It breaks down and becomes fairly compact and when we fly we pack it in a duffle style suitcase. Good luck and I hope you find something that fits your needs.

Quote Originally Posted by endo_aftermath View Post
    For traveling I use the same one referenced by yojama above. I had to cut the sliding tubes to fit in a very small shower in Hawaii so I now have both long and short versions. It does not fold but does disassemble easily without requiring tools. I travel with it in a rolling duffel bag, leaving plenty of space for caths and other stuff. I try to make that bag all medical so the airlines don't charge for it.
    We do the exact same thing when packing it and also have a rolling duffle bag. It really is one of the most versatile shower bench/chair that I have found.

Thank you all very much! I will try this and get a rolling duffle bag as you suggest. This will be more affordable than the travel chairs I was looking at!