Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where should I go on vacation?

Take a carribean cruise. You will ove it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by funklab View Post
    Oh the trip is still getting done... I just have to have a little more than six weeks and a lot more money for the ride... give me six or eight years.
    Awesome. I almost bought this a few years back:

And, who says sidecars aren't as much fun?!

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    Awesome. I almost bought this a few years back:

This is awesome. Where/how do you stow the wheelchair?

I want to build something like that and I'm really itching (Well okay, dreaming, cuz I'm dead broke right now) about throwing some of these really expensive farkles on there http://www.mobec-international.com/technical/index.html

Two wheel drive with reverse sounds like a winner to me

But I digress... anyone been to Germany? I was thinking about maybe a week or so in Berlin and then another week or so in Paris or London or maybe both (however far my credit cards get me).

Right now on my list is anywhere in Spain, Rome, Cape Town, Buenos Aires (I've been to but didn't get to spend any time in the city), Japan, Praque.

Blog Entries
    This is awesome. Where/how do you stow the wheelchair?

I want to build something like that and I'm really itching (Well okay, dreaming, cuz I'm dead broke right now) about throwing some of these really expensive farkles on there http://www.mobec-international.com/technical/index.html

Two wheel drive with reverse sounds like a winner to me

Yeah, the damn is chair is...well...damnable! My 15x16 Lasher fit right into the side car. Transferring to the saddle was the hard part, being so high on a GS (~32" with the Tourance tires). The guy that made the rig in my picture said he'd make (or mod) a side car with a flip down rear ramp for me, if I bought it. (He owns/ed a professional side car building business out west.). That would make the xfer and chair stowage very easy! Also, an air shifter needed to be added, but those aren't terribly expensive. That rig was less than $20k, which I thought was reasonable. Prolly less now, with the steel tank GS 1150 ADV being such a dinosaur! (Though, it's still my preferred GS, and not just because I got ran over on my 1200!)
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Quote Originally Posted by wheelz99 View Post
    Right now on my list is anywhere in Spain, Rome, Cape Town, Buenos Aires (I've been to but didn't get to spend any time in the city), Japan, Praque.
    At one point (pre SCI) I planned on living in Buenos Aires for a while, but life had other ideas. I'd like to go there, but from everything I read it's gonna be a nightmare to navigate by chair with few curb cuts and basically no accessible public transport. I wouldn't mind spending some time in Madrid or Barcelona though, brush up on my neglected spanish.

I've always wondered what kind of accessible seating they have at bull fights.

And yes, I will go to one someday.

Blog Entries
    I appreciate your suggestion for a "trip". I'd considered an amazonian journey with a bit of ayahuasca, but I don't really fancing the puking and diarrhea that come with it. DMT seems a reasonable alternative, however since silk road got busted and I'm becoming old I'm afraid I have no reliable source nor desire to sort one out.

What is your ancestral village in the Rhineland? Maybe I'll drop by.
    Just wondering, what's the difference between this stuff and Peyote, Mushrooms or regular old acid? It seems like a lot more trouble than it's worth. My history of drug use is nil but my family tells me I was pretty trippy when i had a real high fever once. Would these drugs be like that?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nrf View Post
    Just wondering, what's the difference between this stuff and Peyote, Mushrooms or regular old acid? It seems like a lot more trouble than it's worth. My history of drug use is nil but my family tells me I was pretty trippy when i had a real high fever once. Would these drugs be like that?
    Chemically speaking, they're all different, with respect to psychoactive compounds. They all affect the mind in different ways, as well. They also have various levels of toxicity, ranging from far less than some over the counter medicines, to quite dangerous. More trouble than it's worth? Perhaps. Although, psychedelics do often elicit various psychotic reactions in people that have never experienced them!