Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Miami project opens recruitment for chronic SCI

Trial enrollment will target 2 cohorts. The first cohort will be thoracic (T) level 2-12 ASIA Impairment Scale (AIS) grade A, B, or C (n = up to 4), the second cohort will be cervical (C) level 5 through T1 AIS A, B, or C (n = up to 6). Two (2) participants with AIS grade A will be enrolled prior to enrolling a participant with AIS B or C, applicable to both cohorts.

By cohorts they mean groups. The ASIA A group will be 2 participants, other group, up to 8.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Very interesting, thanks! I always thought Schwann cells were discovered by the Miami project, and patented as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    I know you've been waiting for a long time for this trial to happen. I hope it goes well. For humans with chronic SCI, they hypothesize that axons might show improved function if myelin repair is induced with the implantation of ahSC. In addition spinal cord cavitation may be reduced, and neural sprouting and plasticity may be enhanced via neurotrophic effects. It may be that these particular cells would need to be added into certain combo therapies in the future depending on the particular type of SCI injury.
    Let's hope they perform well in people!
    Yes ,thank you.I have been waiting for this but a question has been bugging me that maybe you can answer...I was under the impression that a group in Iran already tried this same method with not-so-stellar results. Do you know what will be different with this trial? That always worried me.
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    They mention axon regeneration 3 times in 9 bullet points. I don't believe them, disingenuous. They probably saw the tiniest distance of growth in the tiniest amount of axons.

Is anyone from here going to try and get involved in this trial?

Quote Originally Posted by #LHB# View Post

I don't qualify, but I would participate if I could ...(C4 injury )

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere Man View Post
    They mention axon regeneration 3 times in 9 bullet points. I don't believe them, disingenuous. They probably saw the tiniest distance of growth in the tiniest amount of axons.
    You don't believe them based on what? Why would they make such claims if there wasn't data from animal studies to support it?

Who could have faith in anything these days, especially that whole thing back in July '69 where they said we landed on the moon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    You don't believe them based on what? Why would they make such claims if there wasn't data from animal studies to support it?
    Nowhereman is the resident ultra-cynnic...but hey, he can do that. To each his own

Quote Originally Posted by #LHB# View Post
    Im going to give them my info and see if I hear from them and go from there. Its worth talking to them at least. I'm pretty certain I qualify. But I've never had an MRI. So im not sure if they do that or want you to have already had one that they can look at.