Thread: where do you guys post ads for caregivers?

where do you guys post ads for caregivers?

I am having the hardest time trying to find a new caregiver. I was fortunate enough to have a caregiver for four years and she got into a car accident. She is fine but she will not be able to continue doing this type of work. I have posted on craigslist, nursing schools boards, care.com, and have sent out word of mouth. I'm trying to find a PCA not with an agency, but I might have to go that way. I live in a big city and I can't seem to find anyone willing to take this job.

Must be an Illinois thing cause I can't find help either. I did have 1 I found on care.com but he moved. Craigslist is where most people advertise but I've never been able to find anyone there. I have also use a couple of groups on facebook for our county. What part of IL are you from?

Cable TV in my area. So much money per line per day.

Try a local news paper.

I have had good luck with both care.com and craigs. However, the first one I hired was through an agency. I lured her away and she has been with me for almost 8 years. Maybe you have to look at the content of your ads to be sure there are no turnoffs.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Used CraigsList when I was managing my mom's attendants. A lot of it has to do with the job category you put your ad in, and how you write your ad. I nearly always had at least 15 calls or e-mails within 3-4 hours after placing the CraigsList ad, and this was in the Los Angeles urban area.

(KLD)

I typically do our local community Pennysaver, shopper's guide, and other geographically limited community distribution newsletter/booklets first. The rates are not too expensive and you could almost be guaranteed that the response will be from people that are close by. For $300 you can get 2 to 4 weeks of advertising in three publications resulting in a response of over 50 people from whom I can usually stomach taking a risk on one of them, naturally after checking references and paying for a background check. Even this however, does not guarantee that flakes and weirdos don't make it past your employment firewall.

I always had pretty good luck with craigslist when I lived alone. I refined my add to this:
    Caregiver needed for a 35year old C-5/6 male quadriplegic. Job duties would include cooking, cleaning, helping me with my daily living activities, the occasional wound care,, driving, and basically being my fingers when I need things done. I try to keep things simple and little bit fun. Requirements would be dependability, dependability, and a general good nature, and oh yeah, did I mention dependability. Also, dependable transportation and fluent English are a must. There is occasional wound care but probably not for long which easily can be taught. Experience would help but is not necessary. I have no problem training people for a relatively simple job. I am looking for someone in their 20s to 40s considering we'd be spending a large amount of time together, but that's not set in stone. I do have a dog so if that's a problem let me know. The hours I'm looking to fill would be Weekend days from 10 AM until roughly 1 PM at $9/an hour and weeknights from 8 PM until 10 PM at $20 a night. I am looking for 2 separate caregivers If this job interests you send me an e-mail with your phone number. If you have any experience, please note that also I'm located in North Phoenix around 64th St. and cactus roads.

Here's a quick picture so you know what I look like
    Name:  SCIRetreat001-1.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  23.5 KB
    Last edited by rybread; 02-15-2015 at 01:32 AM.
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.