Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spinergy extreme light or Topolino Carbon Core WX2.5

Quote Originally Posted by jschism View Post
    ...clip...I didn't somehow get titanium pushrims, I tried to scuff them up with different pads and sandpaper, but they are hard as hell and use oddball mounts, so I can't swap them out.)
    ...clip...
    Tough to roughen up with sandpaper means that they probably *are* titanium. That is one of it's attributes. On the other hand if you use a power sanding tool with a very coarse grit and manage to severely scratch them you could get the desired effect. I've done the opposite by removing old gouges and scratches with a power sander, leaving what looks nearly new from what was truly a basket case titanium chair.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by jschism View Post
    but they are hard as hell and use oddball mounts, so I can't swap them out.)
    maybe you got the old mounting rims, as mine are the standard 6 tab push rims, i got offered a pair at a discount as the were the old 4 tab ones (couldnt get rid of them) and i turned it down for basically future proofing them so i can put any standard 6 tab push rims on, theres not alot of 4 tab push rims out there to choose from.

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    Quote Originally Posted by rAdGie View Post
    maybe you got the old mounting rims, as mine are the standard 6 tab push rims, i got offered a pair at a discount as the were the old 4 tab ones (couldnt get rid of them) and i turned it down for basically future proofing them so i can put any standard 6 tab push rims on, theres not alot of 4 tab push rims out there to choose from.
    Yes, I got mine when they first came out and only had the 4 tab and I have never found any other 4 tabs out there.

If I splurge on the topolinos, can I remove the stickers/decals?

That was one thing I really liked about my spinergy's, the stickers on the rim came of quite easily so I didn't have Rio roll around advertising their brand wherever I went.

With all the topolino branding on the rim and hub and push button, if the rim decal is clear coated on, that would be a deal breaker for me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by funklab View Post
    If I splurge on the topolinos, can I remove the stickers/decals?

That was one thing I really liked about my spinergy's, the stickers on the rim came of quite easily so I didn't have Rio roll around advertising their brand wherever I went.

With all the topolino branding on the rim and hub and push button, if the rim decal is clear coated on, that would be a deal breaker for me.
    I totally agree. If a company wants me to advertise for them, they can pay me! I'm not gonna pay to advertise for them.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

you can take the stickers off if really want to, im not sure how easy they will come off, just a bit like the spinergys really.

If you are wild to get the stickers off. Auto paint stores sell an eraser wheel. It goes on a drill and take that stuff off cars

Quote Originally Posted by rAdGie View Post
    you can take the stickers off if really want to, im not sure how easy they will come off, just a bit like the spinergys really.
    I'm okay with putting a little elbow grease into it. I just wanted to make sure they didn't slap the stickers on and then spray a clear coat of paint over top to make it impossible.

So you can confirm that they are just decals on the rims? How about those little stickers I see in the pictures on the hub and on the pushbutton release thing? It would be super nice to have some clean carbon fiber hubs without any flashy stickers.

Quote Originally Posted by funklab View Post
    I'm okay with putting a little elbow grease into it. I just wanted to make sure they didn't slap the stickers on and then spray a clear coat of paint over top to make it impossible.

So you can confirm that they are just decals on the rims? How about those little stickers I see in the pictures on the hub and on the pushbutton release thing? It would be super nice to have some clean carbon fiber hubs without any flashy stickers.
    Call and ask.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

well it feels like i can get a finger nail to the edge but i dont want to start and try take it off but just feels like any other sticker, also the push button release sticker comes seperately anyway with the instructions