Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spinergy extreme light or Topolino Carbon Core WX2.5

You, should ask Jeff Adams, he should know and maybe you can order them from him. He sell them with the Icon wheelchair otherwise I don't know who sell them in Canada.

Hi OwlQC,

I will, thank you.

Canucks

The entire chair is ridiculously priced. Most of that has to do with what vendors receive from insurance companies, even if the insurance company is involved. Whoever you deal with, insurance or vendor or yourself paying, you need to find the lowest prices. This takes a little work. You CAN then use that price as a leverage point for yourself then when you are purchasing. If place you deal with is not willing to even come close to that price, simply threaten you will go to the lowest price supplier. Do not just use the price, you need to also consider whatever else is added into the overall price. Things like setup and delivery. This all takes some work from yourself, but in the end it should save you money.

Have you check out the Dino wheels by Round Betty, I run those everyday and have also run the spinergy's prefer the Dino's by far.

Quote Originally Posted by nmireles View Post
    Have you check out the Dino wheels by Round Betty, I run those everyday and have also run the spinergy's prefer the Dino's by far.
    Hi Nick, What is it that you like about the Dino's in preference to Spinergy's?
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

As stated, if you are worried about looks, the Spinergy decal wears off in no time. You ill end up with noting in that place. You can look at it this way - when decal wears off, there is a minor reduction in wheel/chair weight.

Hi nonoise, Long time no hear. My Dino wheels are a solid wheel assembly , the spokes never get loose like did with the spinergy's and they never creak when i move like the spinergy's did over time. They have required no maintenance at all. How with my spinergy's i have had to go get them trued up and tightened the spokes. The wheel assembly is so tight that when I have them inflated to full psi. I can take the wheel and drop it on a hard surface the wheel assembly will bounce almost all the way back up into my hand. So a great design no give in the assembly a whole lot of your forward momentum when you push is not lost in flex of the wheel at all. A true solid push. Take care no noise call me sometime to say hi.

What's a good web site to buy spinergy wheels on?

Get a price from Sportaid and talk to one of the vendors members here. They deserve our support.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    I have the LX, topolino, and the golz twin star. I use the twin star everday. The topolino are the lightest by very little and a little more firm ride. They seem to have a little less rolling resistance due to being a little firmer. My only complaint is for some reason I don't seem to get as a good of grip on the handrim(I've wondered if I didn't somehow get titanium pushrims, I tried to scuff them up with different pads and sandpaper, but they are hard as hell and use oddball mounts, so I can't swap them out.)
    They are much easier to change tires on than the spinergy, too