Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spinergy extreme light or Topolino Carbon Core WX2.5

Spinergy extreme light or Topolino Carbon Core WX2.5

Hi guys,

thinking about purchasing new wheels. Which one is better and worth the money Spinergy extreme light or Topolino carbon Core WX 2.5?

Thanks in advance

ive had spinergy lx and ive got topolinios, theres not alot of difference in weight that i can remember anyway but i do prefer the look of the topolinos i love them, i sold my lx's for these so cant put them side by side, i just wish the outer rim was carbon fibre too, i dont know if they are worth the money but i would buy them again, plus the way i see it is all the top brand wheelchair wheels are over priced.

Only had Spinergy. Actually SLX that are 26". I was told they will not make the LX at 26" due to wobble. The SLX adds an additional 4 spokes. Been sitting on them I think somewhere around 1-1/2 years. Maybe a bit longer. No complaints. Actually having a Medicare chair delivered on Friday with another set of SLX. I paid both myself. If you have money, I would say they are worth it. If not have tons money to spend, probably makes sense look at alternative.

Hi Guys,

thank you for sharing your thought with me. I will share my own experience with you once I receive them. I do agree with radGle that top brands wheels are over priced. Anyway, I came across a Spinergy demo and was wondering should I save the money and go with Topolino.

Thanks again.

Canucks

its a toughy and depends what you want out of the wheel, i think they are similar weights and strengths so i guess its down to looks or personal preference or if your into coloured spokes?

I have both and I prefer the Topolinos. they are lighter, and easier to clean. During winter, I hate to clean the spinergy with all those holes and tiny corners. The calcium get everywhere and your wheels look always dirty. The spinergy sticker doesn't stay in good shape long either, it fades since your thumb rub on it all the time. I had to remove them. Bad place to put a sticker if you ask me.

Please give me more details

Quote Originally Posted by OwlQC View Post
    I have both and I prefer the Topolinos. they are lighter, and easier to clean. During winter, I hate to clean the spinergy with all those holes and tiny corners. The calcium get everywhere and your wheels look always dirty. The spinergy sticker doesn't stay in good shape long either, it fades since your thumb rub on it all the time. I had to remove them. Bad place to put a sticker if you ask me.
    Hi,
    What sticker are you referring to exactly? How much is Topolinos in Canada? Sorry, I only can find US price via online.

Thank You

Canucks

The big spinergy decal on the rim, the letters fade after a while. I don't really know since they came with my chair but they retail around $1,250 at tilite . You can have them cheaper at online retailer like Sportaid. With that said, I'm not too sure with the the exchange rate these days. The dollars canadian tanked quite a bit lately!

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 744
Size:  55.8 KB

Hi OwlQC,

Thank you for your quick reply. I was wondering the price of Topolinos not Spinergy in Canada.

Thanks Again.

Canucks

That was for the topolino, check on the canadian tilite order form. You'll see the difference between the price of both